Newby

I went to Honobia Bigfoot Festival.
We went out on a night investigation.
Didn't see the big guy
but heard calls prolly of a bobcat
like it was calling for a mate.
Creppy cool.

Punkin Center looks to be thriving....... Man the country sure looks good from San Angelo to west of brownfield. Think it’ll take more than rain to make Roswell look good though..............

Every time I think this thing is finally ready for a dirt blanket, it rises up like a phoenix to once again attempt to discombobulate the serious...............

Has anyone seen any sign of DCTF? I have bought a copy every year since around 1990. Just don't seem to get as excited about as I have in the past.

Blue Bird":2loldoqy said:
Has anyone seen any sign of DCTF? I have bought a copy every year since around 1990. Just don't seem to get as excited about as I have in the past.
I believe that’s called aging........attention spans seem to shorten as we mature..... I saw something about Dave Campbell doing an autograph session in Waco the other day.......

FYI............you really shouldn’t try to make jerky in your DSW’s clothes dryer.......... not that I would do that .............ever again..............

It is time to move this rag on a little more. So....my latest hog adventure. The caliche road I was driving on crossed a creek and then curved around two sides of about a 40 acre field. I saw about eight adult hogs strung out in a single file running pretty hard across the middle on the field. I was keeping pace with them when the lead hog saw me and stopped...for about twenty seconds, then he started running full out to escape across the road. Being in a pickup I could and did out run them to the crossing point with a vague idea of running over one or two. Didn't happen, those hogs stopped at the fence line under tree and just waited. I was sitting in a pickup with no gun about eight yards from them wondering what I could do next. Which, of course, was nothing. I have since thought that my twelve gauge with double ought buckshot would have been the perfect weapon at that range. I even have some confidence that I could indeed hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun. I will probably never have that same setup happen again.

Blue Bird":e3ypchth said:
It is time to move this rag on a little more. So....my latest hog adventure. The caliche road I was driving on crossed a creek and then curved around two sides of about a 40 acre field. I saw about eight adult hogs strung out in a single file running pretty hard across the middle on the field. I was keeping pace with them when the lead hog saw me and stopped...for about twenty seconds, then he started running full out to escape across the road. Being in a pickup I could and did out run them to the crossing point with a vague idea of running over one or two. Didn't happen, those hogs stopped at the fence line under tree and just waited. I was sitting in a pickup with no gun about eight yards from them wondering what I could do next. Which, of course, was nothing. I have since thought that my twelve gauge with double ought buckshot would have been the perfect weapon at that range. I even have some confidence that I could indeed hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun. I will probably never have that same setup happen again.

No gun in pickup????? I keep guns in every vehicle mainly for the event you just described. I even keep one on my tractor.
And a shotgun does work great on hogs in our country. Rarely do I see any hogs more than 15-20 yards away.
I like a little youth model 20 gauge with #4 shot.

Back