New team to sixman

Why don't we just send you up there??? Wait a minute.........
.....we want them in Sixman, right? Never mind. Just email will be fine........

Let's put together a welcome wagon!

Smokey, Cowboy, OFB, Texdoc, Doggy, myself, Mom, Pete (both of em), Goob, Rainjack and if we can find her, Hookembabe!

hornkeeper12":sd3neyhz said:

Smokey, Cowboy, OFB, Texdoc, Doggy, myself, Mom, Pete (both of em), Goob, Rainjack and if we can find her, Hookembabe!
You were doing fine and then you added hookembabe. What have you been smoking?

CowboyP":57j204et said:
hornkeeper12":57j204et said:

Was just thinking we could put her and ofb in the same car for our entertainment.

hornkeeper12":5zv1z555 said:
CowboyP":5zv1z555 said:
hornkeeper12":5zv1z555 said:

Was just thinking we could put her and ofb in the same car for our entertainment.
That makes sense! It would be very amusing - if you weren't in the car with them. :)

School Phone is 806 883-2311

Supe is Karl Vaughn. Once was at Lazbuddie.

Head Coach is Jeff Quisenberry.

The switch to Six-Man is a done deal I believe from speaking with Mr. Vaughn. It didn't come about without some tension. If you have ever been around communities that have come up to Six-Man from the crowded field, you know what I mean.

WHITE DEER glad to see you make the switch and as I always say I don't believe in luck so GOOD FOOTBALL TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Hardin
Abilene, TX

WD has two state championships in football. I think a lot of opposition came from those folks. A chance for a few wins instead of another 0-10 for the next few years will help smooth things over.

The "State" wins were in 1988 and 1958. It is something to be proud of and can never be taken away. More recently, looks like White Deer was 0-10 last season and 0-9 the season before. It is time to turn things around. Just making the move to Six-Man will not mean winning state. It will level the playing field and allow your young Bucks to be competitive.

Go Bucks

Don Hardin
Abilene

I agree with you 100%. Winning a state title requires a whole lot of things to fall into place at the right time. Maybe 2018 is their next title. 30 years apart.

In '88, they had two brothers named Bart and Zach Thomas. Bart was a stud QB who went to Air Force and played. And everyone has heard of Zach, he was a freshman that year, but started both ways.

I grew up there - was lucky to have Zach as my best friend.

There is a strong football tradition, but having been a part of that transition in the Garden City Community, I know it can be a great thing if handled well.

BTW - White Deer beat Garden City by 1 point in the Quarterfinals on their way to the 1988 state championship. Interesting synergy. Also beat Rankin that year.

Also, Bart never played at Air Force - tore his knee up and left the academy. He was an All SWC safety at Tech. After the recovery and transfer he finished playing a year ahead of Zach at Tech, I believe.

That's correct, Coach A. I remember that now. (about Bart transferring)

I have heard that the WD-GC game was awesome. WD beat Rankin by 15 points, was a good game, as well. Rankin and GC were in the same district, along with WV and IC, there were 4 teams in the top 12 of the state that year in the same district.....Rankin and GC survived for the playoffs.

That same year, there was a book being written in Odessa. Good year for football in West Texas.

olderelk":pi7xnq4u said:
coachjdjones":pi7xnq4u said:
That same year, there was a book being written in Odessa.
But the good folks in Odessa weren't all that thrilled with the finished product.

No, they were not. The next year, Permian's team was dominating. One of the best ever, IMO.

olderelk? Evant, right?

coachjdjones":3n3ijp6m said:
olderelk":3n3ijp6m said:
coachjdjones":3n3ijp6m said:
That same year, there was a book being written in Odessa.
But the good folks in Odessa weren't all that thrilled with the finished product.

No, they were not. The next year, Permian's team was dominating. One of the best ever, IMO.

olderelk? Evant, right?
Evant, right.
Migrated to Houston and would you believe my team (Aldine) was on the wrong end of the score in the SC game against that Permian team in '89.
You're right that was a great Permian team.
Aldine wasn't too shabby either we dominated No. 1 Judson the previous week 48-14. Both of those games were played in extreme cold weather.
Won our half of the SC the following year in the comfort of the Astrodome.

coachjdjones":1qalgkwd said:
Cool SC stories. Some great years.

My little brother and sister graduated from Evant.
Thanks, yes they were.
I graduated in '57, your brother and sister are probably a lot younger than me.
The good years have been few and far between for Evant and Aldine lately.
Well, the Lady Elks do alright, They had a great year in basketball this year. Went 28-1.

olderelk":3b9tx3ux said:
coachjdjones":3b9tx3ux said:
Cool SC stories. Some great years.

My little brother and sister graduated from Evant.
Thanks, yes they were.
I graduated in '57, your brother and sister are probably a lot younger than me.
The good years have been few and far between for Evant and Aldine lately.
Well, the Lady Elks do alright, They had a great year in basketball this year. Went 28-1.

Did you play Florence in those years?

Back