New district.

Wasn't Rochelle down 30-6 at the half. I would be interested to know what changed the game around. I would think it would have to be something more than heart.

When the DCTF came out, they had the district in this order: Zephyr, Lometa, May, Rochelle, and Santa Anna. I looked at that and thought Zephyr first and Santa Anna last, it doesn't matter the order of the middle three because they are close enough to be a "you pick 'em". The games would have to played out on the field. Two games into the season and Zephyr might still be the front-runner, barely, the rest of the field will be a "you pick 'em". This could really be an interesting district race.

Rochelle was down 44-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter, then scored 30 unanswered points in the 4th including the winning touchdown on the last play of the game. The boys never gave up and showed a lot of heart, the Hornets did a great job last night as well as the coaching staff. Its a long season still but if they keep playing like they did in the second half the Hornets could make it very interesting in this district race.

This district will be decided on the field this is a sure pick district where you have a couple good teams at the top an pushovers on the bottom.

But zephyr isn't as good as people think case in point they are 0-2 zephyr is kinda like notre dame they win a couple games straight an all of a sudden they are title contenders based on past glory

1. Lometa. Will win this district they may be young but the kids have skills
2.Zephyr. they should edge out Santa Anna in a shootout
3.Santa Anna . You may return all your starters but that may not be a good thing you were 2-8 last year
4.May. they could surprise everyone an finish 2nd who knows
5.Rochelle. Nice comeback but it was against Cherokee. Tune up game gone wrong ?

There is no telling how this district will play out, I believe that every game will be a fight to the end which for a football fan it doesnt get any better than that.

Santa Anna may have went 2-8 last year, but they're already tied last years wins. They're 2-0. They shut down a good PC team. Somethings changed with these boys. They play to win. They're gonna surprise a lot of you once you see them in district. Shoot I was surprised watching them myself.

I can't confirm or deny losing starters buy yes we did lose our coach an then went out an looked better last week than in zero week.

All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due there were the only team in this district to make any kind of playoff run last year. Put up 100 on Abbott. 3 rounds deep

looked better...against Lohn
Confirm 7 srs? Thats hard to replace for any team.
People responsible for everything you just said no longer attends Lometa or works for Lometa. Lometas best players were the 3 that graduated last year.
Hard to give credit when you havent done anything this year!
Ill give the same credit to every team in your district.

I guess we will see on the field then

Btw if you don't support any of the teams on this message board why talk trash about the others ? We rib eachother cause we all back one of the schools here but it's all in good fun our hearts give us our predictions cause not one of us knows for sure what's gonna happen.

Well future, Lometa went 3 deep and hung 100 on Abbott. How many points did you say that Abbott hung on Lometa? I'm getting old and my memory is not what it once was, but Lometa's record was not 12-1. It was more like 9-4. So, who else beat Lometa last year? Two games into the season and the playoff spots in this district are truly wide open!

Just want to say, I was at that Lohn and Lometa Game last week, when 6 of the 7 starters came in, it took them 4-8 plays to score, but when the group of younger guys went in, they score with in 1 or 2 plays. Just saying.

Sounds like some sour grapes from Zephyr....Yea they should play a high ranked team that was decimated by injury too then they can claim that they beat a really good team too.

Back