New district.

FuturePro1

11-man fan
Well. Looks like Rochelle, May, Zephyr, Santa Anna, and Lometa will be competing in district for the next 2 years. Any predictions on the upcoming season?

Lometa? Seems to me Lometa is losing the most. Santa Anna returns the most. Zephyr, May, and Rochelle return about the same number but what quality? Zephyr and May will be Sr heavy. The other teams should be pretty young. Right now looks like all coaches will be back in 2012. Any big move ins? Will there be any incoming freshmen or JV players making a difference? Too many question......
From the info I could find:

Zephyr loses 2-3 starters/contributers
May loses 2-3 starters/contributers
Rochelle loses 2-3 starters/contributers
Santa Anna loses 1-2 starters/contributers??
Lometa loses 5-6 starters/contributers

I think it could look like this:

1. Zephyr
2/3. May/Rochelle
4. Lometa
5. Santa Anna

It's my understanding that Zephyr is only losing 1 starter. They should be tough to beat this year. I picked Lometa for 2nd because I like those boys. They play with heart.

I'm not real sure Zephyr's senior was a two way starter. May will lose two 2-way starters. Lometa graduated their spreadback and will probably run tight next year. Rochelle will lose 2 minimum and maybe as many as four starters. Santa Anna will have their spreadback and scatback returning.

Probably the worst way to pick next years finish is to go by who beat who in last years season. But it still may be accurate.

1. Zephyr
2. May
3. Lometa
4. Rochelle
5. Santa Anna

I didnt say just starters I said starters/contributers....sometimes contributers are just as important to a team as the starters. Losing a few of those could make a difference. Should be a tough district...seems like the Zephyr vs Rochelle/Lometa/May games were all close. The May vs Lometa game was close. So this might make out for a fun district race!

Zephyr lost 1 two way starter. He was a good contributor on offense and a solid corner on defense, but they have all of the biggest offensive players back and a couple of good junior corners to fill in on defense. No predictions but they should be strong.

The last time I checked....Santa Anna lost only 1 senior, but he was really just a bench warmer the whole season. So they're returner ALL of thier starters. I think they will surprise a lot of people next year.

Zephyr should have as many as 12 different athletes that they can insert into a game as needed next year. They will have depth as well as talent on the 2012 team. The new coach has instilled confidence and work ethic into this program that should help them greatly next year. Also it will be the second year of his system so the players will be more advanced at the beginning of the season and not so focused on learning the system. Hoping for a good year for the team, school, and community. There was some real excitement surrounding the team last year.

look, the way it is gunna be is santa anna, zephyr, lometa, rochelle, then may. i have watched these young men grow over the last year or two and they are going to surprise a lot of people this upcoming season!

Not knowing wat talent the other teams in the district have do to not getting to watch any football this past season and me being a Rochelle graduate im going with Rochelle 1st and Lometa/Zypher 2nd and Santa Anna/May 4th

Back