Motley co vs balmorhea

Anddddd back again with the private schools thinking they can beat the tier 1 teams in UIL once again
Until the top public school plays the top private school I guess we may never know. Which probably won’t happen.
After reading these posts where it seemed to be getting a little heated I thought I would throw something out to mostly poke fun and see if I would get a bite. Hook line & sinker.
One thing that would help is if you would define “tier 1”. Ranken was number 4 when they lost to a lowly private school and now number 5 overall. Are they tier 1? Five private schools in top 15 all ranked above RS, Balmorhea, Hermleigh, Happy, Springlake Earth, Valley, Jayton, St Jo, Follett and in amongst Westbrook, Sterling City, Abbott, Spur, and Strawn. Where does tier 1 start and end.
Some of y’all sound like you voted for the guy with 3 brain cells. Some one doesn’t say what you think they should say and ya get all offended.
Easy.

Balmorhea pretty well shut down Richards and co from the second quarter on. Neither team has a passing attack.
Firstly congrats to MC on winning. Also congrats to Brhea on another good run at it. Were you present.? I did not get a chance to see or listen to it. This is false from what I’ve been told in the discussions above….people in the know.

Until the top public school plays the top private school I guess we may never know. Which probably won’t happen.
After reading these posts where it seemed to be getting a little heated I thought I would throw something out to mostly poke fun and see if I would get a bite. Hook line & sinker.
One thing that would help is if you would define “tier 1”. Ranken was number 4 when they lost to a lowly private school and now number 5 overall. Are they tier 1? Five private schools in top 15 all ranked above RS, Balmorhea, Hermleigh, Happy, Springlake Earth, Valley, Jayton, St Jo, Follett and in amongst Westbrook, Sterling City, Abbott, Spur, and Strawn. Where does tier 1 start and end.
Some of y’all sound like you voted for the guy with 3 brain cells. Some one doesn’t say what you think they should say and ya get all offended.
Easy.
Lowly private school? Maybe that's the issue. Do you assume all fans of public school teams feel that way? I can only speak for myself. I don't think that at all, and I would guess most don't. If we could have every champion from every category play a round robin tournament each year to determine the undisputed best team in 6 man, I would speculate some years it would be a private team, some years D1 public , and some D2. Does it really matter? Enjoy some playoff football, will be over before we know it.

Motley county is playing a good game. The bears are still fighting
Balmorhea pretty well shut down Richards and co from the second quarter on. Neither team has a passing attack.
Motley co scored on a pass and you don't need to pass for a TD every drive. Im pretty sure Motley scored on a screen pass and if I'm not wrong Motley throw it deep to #5 who dragged the defense of player and your not very smart MC was using the clock against balmorhea. That's called clock management my friend. Have a nice night

My point was MC couldn't finish it off with their passing or rushing attack and Balmorhea couldn't catch up without a passing attack. Kudos to both defenses in the second half.

i dont know what coach bigham says at halftime but dang, spur 14 14 at half only aloud 1 TD after half! jayton 36 36 at half no more TD's allowed after half! Balmorhea only scored 1 TD in the second half when 2nd string come in at the end! 2nd Half defense is ruthless!

Hell of a game , no mistakes really by mc much respect , we will bow out respectfully ! Congrats to the bears y’all young we’ll be back !
Balmorhea is definitely going to be back next yr, after losing all they did to graduation, alot of respect for them and how well they play! these 2 teams in my opinion are definitely the 2 top teams of the west! great BATTLE to watch!

Back