Dogface":2tj3b4sh said:
I'm changing my vote.
I think the most improved team
is from the
HHR&WPC&SWW.
They were 0-0-0 last yr.
Now they're 0-0-3.
THAT'S improvement!!!
We have played a pretty weak schedule, though.
Good Point!

lets at least start a list on what we are going to use as the criteria.
1. record from last year to this year 10%
2. avg points scored or points allowed compared to last year 30%
3. observation personal 5%
4. .
. .
. .
10. .
total
how does this compare to other teams

I havent really seen to many teams play this year, so Im not going to say anyone's choices are wrong. I did watch the Super Saturday in McCamey, and Water Valley looked much improved, as did Rankin. My vote still goes to Rankin, those boys know how to lay the lumber on an opponent.. If you don't believe me ask Borden County, Rankin was much more physical during their show down.

kbjoe1":3gwp93fg said:
lets at least start a list on what we are going to use as the criteria.
1. record from last year to this year 10%
2. avg points scored or points allowed compared to last year 30%
3. observation personal 5%
4. .
. .
. .
10. .
total
how does this compare to other teams
They promised me there would be no math involved with this.

Klondike - I saw them play Dawson Co. I was completely impressed. I noticed that the Borden Co. folks stopped off to watch after their game (they were part of a doubleheader). I really think that this team will give the big boys a run for their money.

Wilson - I saw them in a scrimmage. Very impressed. The coaching staff is doing a good job of chasing those "we've always lost" demons. I just don't know if they have enough depth to get the job done this year. Maybe, if they can have some success this year, they will build enough excitement to get more kids out next year.

Lazbuddie - I have not seen them, but based on how they've played I would say that they have made vast improvements.

New Home - improved from recent years but very limited depth. Depending on how they recover from their injuries, they should have something to say about the playoffs.

When i watched Water Valley last year compared to this, its the execution of plays. Kids that need to block are there blocking. Wasnt that way last year. Kids know what needs to be done and they do it. A very disciplined team this year compared to last. I enjoy that kind of game. Coach has their attention ,and a group of kids that are respectful of their fellow teammates.

Back