Milford/union hill

BENCHRACER":2amnrqw7 said:
Drove from DFW area to watch Milford vs Coolidge that's the only Milford game I've seen, now my question is was that Milford's hardest game all season or one of there easiest games this year ? ?
It was supposed to be one of the toughest games. Milford made easy work of coolidge. Milford makes good teams look not so good. Roll Dawgsz

MilfordInsider":36ptnx2q said:
BENCHRACER":36ptnx2q said:
Drove from DFW area to watch Milford vs Coolidge that's the only Milford game I've seen, now my question is was that Milford's hardest game all season or one of there easiest games this year ? ?
It was supposed to be one of the toughest games. Milford made easy work of coolidge. Milford makes good teams look not so good. Roll Dawgsz

I went out to the Jayton Classic and WOW what a weekend, three days of Texas Sixman Football. I saw Borden County play Union Hill and what a game that was and don't go by the final score that really didn't tell what the game was like and then White Deer played UH at Bryson that too was a great game and of course you would have to of been at both games to understand. Then UH played Coolidge the score was 60-41 according to Max Prep and Milford played Coolidge the score was 73-42 and I was at that game. Now I'm still curious if Milford has ever played a team of Borden County or White Deer caliber. Seems to me they haven't, so this Friday night at Kaufman, Milford gets the opportunity to play Union Hill who has taken on a couple of the top Texas Sixman teams. I'm not going to pick a winner of this game, but I have decided to set on UH side when I drive down from the DFW area to watch, in what some people are calling "the game of the week". May the best team win and the referee's call a fair and impartial game.

BENCHRACER":2zny0guh said:
MilfordInsider":2zny0guh said:
BENCHRACER":2zny0guh said:

I went out to the Jayton Classic and WOW what a weekend, three days of Texas Sixman Football. I saw Borden County play Union Hill and what a game that was and don't go by the final score that really didn't tell what the game was like and then White Deer played UH at Bryson that too was a great game and of course you would have to of been at both games to understand. Then UH played Coolidge the score was 60-41 according to Max Prep and Milford played Coolidge the score was 73-42 and I was at that game. Now I'm still curious if Milford has ever played a team of Borden County or White Deer caliber. Seems to me they haven't, so this Friday night at Kaufman, Milford gets the opportunity to play Union Hill who has taken on a couple of the top Texas Sixman teams. I'm not going to pick a winner of this game, but I have decided to set on UH side when I drive down from the DFW area to watch, in what some people are calling "the game of the week". May the best team win and the referee's call a fair and impartial game.
So no respect to Strawn? Imo they are better then BC and WD and Milford and Strawn had a battle!

Why bring up basketball and track? Isn't this a football site? Some teams don't get to start basketball practice as early as Milford. And for Mexican, I believe milfordinsider started the Milford/Aquilla thread by trash talking the Aquilla players and Mexican.

Greyhound2010":1yobaque said:
Why bring up basketball and track? Isn't this a football site? Some teams don't get to start basketball practice as early as Milford. And for Mexican, I believe milfordinsider started the Milford/Aquilla thread by trash talking the Aquilla players and Mexican.
MilfordInsider did not start that.. MexicanEnglishman did by saying some racist things.

I think this game is a toss up. I would be surprised if either team won by more than 2 scores. Coach Mallory at Union Hill is an excellent coach and an even better man. I have faith that he and his staff will have his team ready. Go UH Bulldogs!

In my opinion, this game will come down to conditioning. In the past I have seen very talented teams waltz through the season taking out teams with ease, a lot of half-time wins, and start to get just a little bit lazy. Then when they hit the playoffs and come up against an equally talented team with kids who have a real passion for the game and have been busting their tails in practice and working extra hard, they get blown out of the water before they even realize what has happened. As I mentioned earlier, I see some star players who seem to have gained just a little extra around the middle and I have concerns about whether an "all-out" 4 full quarters will take its toll. The last 10 minutes of the game will tell the tale.

Johnny South":3c7t8u8v said:
In my opinion, this game will come down to conditioning. In the past I have seen very talented teams waltz through the season taking out teams with ease, a lot of half-time wins, and start to get just a little bit lazy. Then when they hit the playoffs and come up against an equally talented team with kids who have a real passion for the game and have been busting their tails in practice and working extra hard, they get blown out of the water before they even realize what has happened. As I mentioned earlier, I see some star players who seem to have gained just a little extra around the middle and I have concerns about whether an "all-out" 4 full quarters will take its toll. The last 10 minutes of the game will tell the tale.

Absolutely agree. I’ve seen several great teams get lazy, and they spend the first quarter looking out of whack because they don’t know how to respond. Then they spend the next three quarters trying to regain their feet. In my opinion, in a sixman game, the first quarter always sets the tone.McLean actually worries me for this reason after listening to the Aspermont game. They’re dominant on offense, but a whole lot of penalties and average defensive play seemed like it threw them off. Not sure how your starting line up can average 6’ 2” and 180 pounds and you can’t stop a run up the middle. I know they 45ed Aspermont, but a Union Hill, Garden City, or Milford won’t be as kind if that kind of play continues. I think the Tigers should be worried honestly.

I think conditioning and knowing how they stack up, where they need to be as a team, etc., is why Coach Mallory made a really tough schedule. When I saw the schedule he put together I said, "Dang, that could be bad..., or good, depending on how you look at it." I felt like they could go 7-3 and be good, but they ended up being 9-1 in the regular season. A tough schedule usually pays dividends later in the season and playoffs. I don't know how Milford's schedule stacks up to Union Hill's but I do know UH has been in some tough games. Looking at common opponents, it looks like a toss up, though. Overcoming adversity is one of the strong suits of this UH team. I'm hoping that continues.

Greyhound2010":iredtdid said:
I brought up basketball track and cross county to prove that our athletes are more dominant in all sports than any other school , which makes them a rare breed of athletes. Actually last year more than 95% of schools started basketball before Milford football season was over last year. I did Start the Milford/Aquilla post, but the Milford trash talk was on he board way before than. Bottom line is, I’ve talked to some of these Milford players and they’ve laughed when I said can UH beat them. You can have all the heart and effort you want but that’s not gonna stop this well oiled machine called Milford. #SeeYaAtAT&T

I say this every year when it comes to milford in the playoffs. Can they be discipline and fundamental? How good is their conditioning? Milford always shoots themselves in the foot with mistakes late in ballgames. I've seen this since I was in school. Milford beat my coyotes last year and really surprised me by their play.(Without tippie) Then the next week they play strawn and you see a totally different team. Flags everywhere. Personal fouls. Players taunting. In all honesty it depends on which milford team shows up honestly.

Coyote07":2rzqn2at said:
I say this every year when it comes to milford in the playoffs. Can they be discipline and fundamental? How good is their conditioning? Milford always shoots themselves in the foot with mistakes late in ballgames. I've seen this since I was in school. Milford beat my coyotes last year and really surprised me by their play.(Without tippie) Then the next week they play strawn and you see a totally different team. Flags everywhere. Personal fouls. Players taunting. In all honesty it depends on which milford team shows up honestly.

After Milford played Richland last year that next week they played Iredell.

TheGoat97":3b4in8n9 said:
BENCHRACER":3b4in8n9 said:
MilfordInsider":3b4in8n9 said:
BENCHRACER":3b4in8n9 said:

So no respect to Strawn? Imo they are better then BC and WD and Milford and Strawn had a battle!

The Goat 97
Sorry I didn't mention Strawn, I think my post was more about Division 1 teams, and I didn't mention
McLean, Balmorhea, Garden City, Gorman or Leaky and if my memory is correct they are still in the playoffs.
Now I saw Strawn play at the Jayton Classic at the start of the season, they showed up and thats about it.
They couldn't take the heat, they were out of shape and they got their butt whipped by a McLean team
that showed up ready to play and play they did 51-18 if my records are correct. Now if your still with me.
It looks like Strawn went back home and got in shape and now we can call them an excellent Division 2 team. Who is also in the run for the State Title in Division 2 not Division 1. If I ruffle your feathers with my remarks, I'm not here for a trophy, I'm here to keep up with six man football and maybe
irritate some of you who only "FOLLOW 1 TEAM" and THINK the sun revolves around "ones head and town". I came from a small town played 11 man football. I now live in the big mess called the DFW Metro-Plex.
As I see Six Man I might of been to slow to play in this league. But I would have tried, if it had been an option in my youth. If I could twitch my nose or stop time, I would go to ever Six Man game there is each week. I do however try to see as many on Thursday, Friday or Saturday that I can during the season. So saddle up boys and get ready for this weekend and we will see who is still left playing on Monday morning. Good Luck to all the teams in each Division cause there will only be 4 teams left in Six Man Football on December 19th at Jerry World..........

MilfordInsider":2j07s0y2 said:
Greyhound2010":2j07s0y2 said:
I brought up basketball track and cross county to prove that our athletes are more dominant in all sports than any other school , which makes them a rare breed of athletes. Actually last year more than 95% of schools started basketball before Milford football season was over last year. I did Start the Milford/Aquilla post, but the Milford trash talk was on he board way before than. Bottom line is, I’ve talked to some of these Milford players and they’ve laughed when I said can UH beat them. You can have all the heart and effort you want but that’s not gonna stop this well oiled machine called Milford. #SeeYaAtAT&T

The rare breed of athletes yet there is always someone that stops them from getting that ring lol.

Great athelete does not always equate to championships.
Was Barry Sanders a great athelete?
How about mike Vick, Julius peppers, steve Nash or ryne Sandburg.
For one reason or another they all fell short.
I think it’s pretty safe to assume every team still alive has good atheletes, has worked hard and wants to be in cowboys stadium.
Falling short should not demenish what these kids have done to get this far.

MilfordInsider":12v3mkbx said:
Hopefully this year will be different. My boys are taking it one game at a time.

I know union hill is good but they will not match up with Milford. I have seen milford play and union hill as much as I want this to be a close game I see Milford pulling away in the 3rd and not look back.i have Milford by 30.but hopefully I’m wrong and it comes down to the wire.

Back