Lowake Steak House

fireguy5455

Six-man fan
The wife and I are going to hit this place up on our way to Alpine. I've heard about it for years but have never been in that part of the Republic before. I know that they have moved to Rowena so it's not so far off the beaten path. So what do you think? Yes or No.

Last time I ate there it was good.............. of course that was 50 or so years ago so things could of changed a little...............

I used to drive by there twice a week but never stopped. I didn't know it was a real place. The sign looked so old. Hmmm...

Just remembered stopping by there on the way back from ballinger with a load of sheet metal. It was around 11 in the morning and they weren't open until 5 or so but the then owner was a good friend of my cousin and insisted on grilling a ribeye for me........... I was a wee bit late getting back that day...........

its still open, right on highway 67 in Rawweenie. Drove past it last Thursday evening on the way to Angelo, and again on the way out on Sunday morning.

Found it pretty much hit or miss. Have heard of people raving about how good it is, but last few times have tried was not very good. Course have not eaten there since they moved and I still compare it to when was next to gin. Just saying

Old Bearkat":3q55v5ug said:
its still open, right on highway 67 in Rawweenie. Drove past it last Thursday evening on the way to Angelo, and again on the way out on Sunday morning.

Did you give up on the frozen north and move back to Texas?

For my money, I'd travel a little farther up towards Abilene and dine with Tom Perini at Buffalo Gap. Seriously good eats..............

smokeyjoe53":1cg3d5yg said:
For my money, I'd travel a little farther up towards Abilene and dine with Tom Perini at Buffalo Gap. Seriously good eats..............

That's what my nephew was telling me. He and his wife live near Buffalo Gap and raved about this place.

Old Bearkat":35mfn4vt said:
smokeyjoe53":35mfn4vt said:

That's what my nephew was telling me. He and his wife live near Buffalo Gap and raved about this place.
Two words; Prime Rib..............................

Back