Longest Field Goal recorded?

Fun topic guys, thanks.
Just wondering aloud....what is the conversion percentage on 4th and goal from the 17? I know it's much higher for the upper echelon teams, but what about teams just below the Top 10 and down? If they had a kicker who was 5 of 6 on his PAT attempts every week, would (should) you try more field goals.....?

Centex homeschool had a kicker 3 years ago that beat BCAL and Capital City with a 47 yrd fg and a 57 yrd fg... they thought centex was faking it both times especially when they lined up at midfield to kick it with 5 seconds left in the game... he could have made it from close to 70 on both...

I've never actually seen anyone attempt a drop kick in a game.
I remember hearing about and having them demonstrated to me as a kid and trying to do it.
But I've never seen one in a game.
I did see a 54 yard field goal in a sixman game once though.
I just can't remember who, when or where.

Years back TRIBE had a spread back that was our second string kicker and we taught him how to drop kick. I told him to practice on his own and when he was 8 out of 10 we would give it a shot if and or when the time was right. Good thing I informed the officials before the game, one of our opponents screamed "they punted the ball through the goal post". Another benefit was drop kicking PAT's lined up in the spread - fun stuff! We went on to kick a few more that year and haven't had the right leg to do it sense. I must say it gave us another weapon in the great game of six man football!

Once in a game I seen a 3 legged donkey kick a basketball thru a soccer net, from 43 1/2 yards. It was awesome!

I think it was the 83 game between Menlow and Turnersville.

No, No, It was 83 for sure. Maybe it wasn't Turnersville VS Menlow. It might have been Birome against Center City or Tours VS Scotts Chapel.

Don't know the name but was at a game where a Midland Trinity kicker came up about two yards short on a game winning 48 yard field goal. Perfect accuracy.

CowboyP":2lb8r60r said:
BigCzech":2lb8r60r said:
No, No, It was 83 for sure. Maybe it wasn't Turnersville VS Menlow. It might have been Birome against Center City or Tours VS Scotts Chapel.
Nope, it was Rogers Hill vs Vaughan.

Yes sir, I remember now. It was Rogers Hill and Vaughn, the game was played in Scotts Chapel, because of the huge crowd they expected. Wow Cowboy, you've got a mind like a steel trap! I guess thats why everyone thinks you're the man.

BigCzech":3k1dygho said:
CowboyP":3k1dygho said:
BigCzech":3k1dygho said:
Nope, it was Rogers Hill vs Vaughan.

Yes sir, I remember now. It was Rogers Hill and Vaughn, the game was played in Scotts Chapel, because of the huge crowd they expected. Wow Cowboy, you've got a mind like a steel trap! I guess thats why everyone thinks you're the man.
I thought Granger was the man.

Back