Leakey

Dang it, Really frustrating. I think Milford scored again then Leaky gets a first down...? 38 -18, 2:18 2nd.
44 - 18 half. Announcer has cold feet, heading to press box. Cowboy Parks missing in action. Wait, he's calling, hello, hello, yeah, ok... Doing a uil commercial, caught in traffic.

Cavemaan73":36bc6x3g said:
Utopia from what we hear did not to go to sixman because of the expense of setting up the program. People in the area say the kids just aren't into sports anymore. Girls golf seems to be a big hit there. Comstock should be right on the edge of going sixman. I'm not sure about the southern towns. The oil boom down there has increase populations. Sabinal has been a powerhouse for a few years.

What I've always heard about Comstock is that they have some bad feelings about football from some serious injuries back in the 60s. I think ol' Bearkat posted a pic of an article from the Del Rio paper about one of them, it mentioned a doctor in Del Rio that I used to call on when I was in pharmaceuticals in the 80s that treated the young man. Cowboy Parks tried to interest them into the game; sounded like the locals were interested but the school board put the end to it. I think they're kind of like Tilden -- when you got basketball people in charge, they don't want to cut 4 or 6 weeks off their season for something like football. I remember going down to Tilden years ago when a few parents wanted to start the program, had a nice meeting with the sup and the school board but nothing ever happened.

I was told that the school board figured it would cost $1 million to start a six man program. I offered to do the whole job for $900,000. And I think I'd have made a six-figure profit. Tilden even had the stadium, all you had to do was move in some bleachers and turn the lights.

Surprised. I really figured Milford would be dominating more. Good for Leaky hangin in through the half.
Kowboy is spatial.

TebowTime15":22r8j560 said:
I did not know Knippa was growing that much. Uvalde refugees?????

Yes sir, exactly! Uvalde's school is not the best, so Knippa started accepting a lot of transfers from there. Their test scores and stuff are so good because they have their own kids, who are mostly really smart and well behaved, plus the cream of the crop from Uvalde. Transfers make up 60% of Knippa's student body last year. I honestly think every school with a tiny school district like that should copy Knippa since many big urban schools have a lot of problems.[/quote]

Spent a lot of time my first 15-20 years in Texas driving down Hwy. 90 past Sabinal, Knippa, Uvalde, Bracketville and Del Rio for work. I can see why Knippa would be so preferable to the Uvalde schools.

Reminds me a lot of where I live now, in the Navarro School District, between Seguin and New Braunfels. Navarro was small for years -- even 20 or 25 years ago, graduating classes in the mid-teens weren't uncommon. Played 1A 11 man ball starting in 1971 or so, and about 10 or 15 years ago started taking transfers from other towns. With housing growth, the district is now 4A(Div II) and my son's class (he's a junior) is over 150 kids. But the district stopped taking transfers about 2-3 years ago and is seriously talking about building a new high school (and using the 10-year old "new high school" as a junior high school; elementary and intermediate schools have been built in the interim). They're well known for their "closet checks" on kids they suspect don't put their head in a bed in the district; I know of at least one trailer park that exists as "weekday homes" for families four or five nights a week.

Hopefully for the folks in Uvalde, Knippa has enough capacity for them.

Congrat's to Milford on making it to the dance by 45ing Leaky. Congrat's to Leaky too. From 0-7 last year in 11 man to the State Semi Final. You should be the poster boy's on why many teams should be playing 6Man instead of 11. Hold your head's high, you've done in your first year what many teams playing the game for years never have. And by now any doubter's in the community that actually went to a game know, yes, it's Real Football. Hard hittin, fast paced, in your face real.

Congrats to Leakey.
Although I’m sure the kids are disappointed they should hold their heads high, they had a great season and something to build on for next year.

Best of Luck and Prayers for a speedy recovery for Leakey’s number 2. He was keeping them in the game and when he went out that was it. He was the spark plug that kept the Eagles going. I believe he is just sophomore
so I’m sure we will see Leakey back in the play offs next season.

Leakey,

1. Welcome to big boy sixman football! While I don't know what happened to #1, try not to have nightmares about #11 running yall over.

2. You owe Burnet ISD some money for destroying their bleachers with propane tanks!

3. To Ms. Hannah Gray, it is not a penalty to hit a receiver when they are trying to catch the ball. Learn the rules!!!!

4. I am picking Knippa and D'Hannis to beat you in basketball!

5. I am picking Nucese Canyon to beat you next year in football!

6. You tackle people in football, not basketball.

TebowTime15":32oqz8zm said:
Leakey,
Well I don’t know about all the other numbers but number 3 is about the rules, reference hitting a receiver
(is it legal)? Timing of said hit is everything. It determines whether, as determined by the officials, the hit is legal or not. That’s the “rules”.

1. Welcome to big boy sixman football! While I don't know what happened to #1, try not to have nightmares about #11 running yall over.

2. You owe Burnet ISD some money for destroying their bleachers with propane tanks!

3. To Ms. Hannah Gray, it is not a penalty to hit a receiver when they are trying to catch the ball. Learn the rules!!!!

4. I am picking Knippa and D'Hannis to beat you in basketball!

5. I am picking Nucese Canyon to beat you next year in football!

6. You tackle people in football, not basketball.

Leakey,
1. Great season! We all talk about schools not making the move to six-man and yall made the tough decision and it paid off big time I would say! 1-9 last year to 12-2 and a state semi-finalist this season! 2nd best season in school history! That should be praised!

1a) A big congrats to the smallest freshman to the biggest senior!
1b) A big pat on the back to the coaching staff! Great start to building the program and changing the culture!
1c) An big thumbs up and pat on the back to the administration for making the decision to play six-man

Saw Cowboy last night. He was supposed to be in Leveland today but.......
We would have been at one of the others but decided to come to Belton and watch the D 3 semifinals with Mary Hardin Baylor playing Wisconsin Whitewater. Number 2 vs. Number 4, both undefeated. Should be a great game. I know MI believes his team can beat either one of these, but what the heck. I guess we will watch it anyway!l

Back