Leach in Seattle?

I have it from a very good source with very strong ties to the TTU athletic department that they think Leach is heading to Auburn. Got this this morning.

granger":38n4f1nm said:
I have it from a very good source with very strong ties to the TTU athletic department that they think Leach is heading to Auburn. Got this this morning.

That's definitely next in line to be concerned about. It would seem that the recruiting there would be just as hard or harder, but there is a longer tradition of success at Auburn. Plus, hopefully he could get them back to beating Alabama every year like it should be.

granger":1hym3n42 said:

2 fer 2

If he goes to Auburn and gets a real DC, Leach will have a national championship within 3 years.

rainjacktx":2skdci3o said:
granger":2skdci3o said:

2 fer 2

If he goes to Auburn and gets a real DC, Leach will have a national championship within 3 years.

This is exactly how I feel. As much as I would hate to see him go, Auburn makes the most sense. I've said it before but I'll say it again, the first coach to truly integrate the spread offense with the SEC's defense will create a dynasty.

So they just flashed on the screen that TTU offered Leach a 5-year 12.1 million extension... an Alabama paper is reporting that Auburn is no longer pursuing Leach... but then there was a quote from Harrell saying there was a great chance Leach would leave...

I don't think Harrell is part of Leach's brain trust. Everyone in Lubbock has a gut feeling that Leach will leave.

I hope Gerald Meyers (sp) has enough brain cells to understand the value of keeping Leach. Certainly he must understand the potential financial damage to Tech Athletics if they let him go.

I hope you read correctly, Granger.

I haven't seen them with my own eyes, but there are reports circling about that say Crabtree will come back for his junior year.

rainjacktx":2p1l5ken said:
I haven't seen them with my own eyes, but there are reports circling about that say Crabtree will come back for his junior year.

That's what espn analysts have said..
As for me, Im bettin on Leach to to do the right thing and stay at Tech. Nobody wants to live in Washington anyways :lol:

rainjacktx":mecf1rqg said:

What a terrible-horrible-no good-very bad idea. He stands to be a top 10, top 15 pick and we've already seen that he may be slightly injury prone. He needs to go get his money now and not risk the injury that may ruin it completely for him.

That said, PLEASE COME BACK CRABTREE!!!

BackAgain":ut1nukjz said:
rainjacktx":ut1nukjz said:

What a terrible-horrible-no good-very bad idea. He stands to be a top 10, top 15 pick and we've already seen that he may be slightly injury prone. He needs to go get his money now and not risk the injury that may ruin it completely for him.

That said, PLEASE COME BACK CRABTREE!!!

I agree with you. I dont know why he is comin back and im sure he has his reasons. But i would go get my millions right NOW!

I think Leach signs the contract before him and stays put. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an opening out there this year that could tempt him enough to leave.

I think Crabtree goes. Like said before, he risks a lot to stay.

That being said, I wish them both the best. They've been good for the Big 12 this year.

I think Crabtree's decision to stay, or come out depends largely on what Leach does, imo.

Looks like Leach might be staying at Tech, in which case Crabtree would likely return for another year.

He could make good money in 2009, or pad his stats at Tech and make mega-bucks in 2010.

Back