Jonesboro vs Borden County

granger":35jnwxx9 said:
I laughed twice

WHAT?!?!? The omnipotent potentate of six man football, the one and only Mr. Granger Sir, is capable of the lowly human quality of laughter?!?

The next you thing you know they’ll be accusing Mr Granger Sir of wearing a corn cob hat.

oldfat&bald":19s80ai3 said:
Rainman, you accidentally posted something that made me laugh. The only time I usually hurt is when I read your arrogant and foolish posts.

No one from the greater Lamesa metro area would know humor unless they accidentally ran over it with their government subsidized Chevy pickup. But I'll defer to you on your obviously superior knowledge of arrogant and foolish. I don't have much practical experience in either of those fields. I'm to busy being outstanding in other fields.

oldfat&bald":2t15p2hx said:
Ha! Rainman, if you’re outstanding in a field, it’s someone else’s field.

Now OFB, he might still make a decent field hand someday, if you keep an eye on him. But he'd never be outstanding.

I am in the East so I'm a supporter of the East I have watched Jonesboro through the playoffs and I know they have worked hard and they have some quality boys. I hope they can continue to play solid and make enough plays to get them past the best of the west....

51eleven":21bcjdwx said:
Now OFB, he might still make a decent field hand someday, if you keep an eye on him. But he'd never be outstanding.

If there is a wit slower than yours on this message board, I have yet to encounter it.

rainjacktx":1dq1ag9s said:
51eleven":1dq1ag9s said:

If there is a wit slower than yours on this message board, I have yet to encounter it.
Well, there's always tdog5344.

rainjacktx":3cf1wtwt said:
51eleven":3cf1wtwt said:

You don't read your own posts?

popcorn.gif

Rcblank85":3oh1kpna said:
I'm a fan of the east so I'm hoping for an upset in this game but the only way I see that happening is, first absolutely have to play mistake free football and slow I mean real slow time eating methodical drives to eat up the clock and keep the ball away from them. Now that's a lot easier said than done for sure. Good luck Eagles.

So far so good. Sure wish they would have punched it in there before half ended. But wow great job eating that clock up.

Losing all state player #14 from Jonesboro for the game due to injury was crucial, but I believe if Jonesboro scores before the half, and plays mistake free the second half Bordon County could have been beat today. Turnovers kill.

Ex eagle":2l2xrluc said:
Losing all state player #14 from Jonesboro for the game due to injury was crucial, but I believe if Jonesboro scores before the half, and plays mistake free the second half Bordon County could have been beat today. Turnovers kill.
Defense wins championships, two of those fumbles were forced. This game would have been over at half if they did not snap the ball with two seconds left on the play clock every play. Y'all had no awser for BC offense.

Ok, I see you are upset about this game and still hurting over last years game, so I'm not going to sit here and argue about this. But at the end of the day BC's defense did what they have done all year and that was ajust and secure a win and that's what counts. Congrates to Jonesboro on a good year.

Yotedog":29us46uj said:
Ex eagle":29us46uj said:
Defense wins championships, two of those fumbles were forced. This game would have been over at half if they did not snap the ball with two seconds left on the play clock every play. Y'all had no awser for BC offense.

Controlling the clock is just smart coaching. Keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing team and your chances of winning increase dramatically. So nothing wrong with that concept at all. The problem was BC didn't take time off the clock when they had the ball . They scored on one play to many times..so that hurts your strategy of burning the clock. Yes the forced fumbles were huge for BC. Especially the one to end the drive rt before half. But I would say that the game plan for Jonesboro was the right concept unfortunately great teams make great plays and that was the difference. Jonesboro had to play a completely mistake free game to win and it didn't happen that way for them. Congrats to State Champs BC and Jonesboro for great season.

Back