Jayton Vs Aspermont

One of them. It should be a good game. I know both teams will put on a good show. I just hope there is a good crowd to see what I believe is two top ten d2 teams. They are both underrated.

Looks like my system has the jaybirds by 3. So in six man land this is going to be a great game. Extra points can be the difference but whatever the outcome this is game that you shouldn't miss.

I saw the birds play against Rule and was impressed with the bench as well as the starters, lots of depth and desire. Not taking anything away from Aspermont they have a great team as well.

I agree, this is going to be a GREAT GAME!!! Way to close to pick who gets the win. Both teams are stout, so whichever team makes the least amount of mistakes stays undefeated. Good luck to both teams and safe travels

Fajitapete I like your pick but I think it will be a little more than just 2. Granger, on the other hand, I think you are way off to say that the Birds will be beat by the 45 point rule. I just don't see it happening after watching the Hornets the other night against Spur. The Birds have the quickness and the speed to remain undefeated....GO BIRDS...:-)

JaybirdDad":24759r93 said:
Fajitapete I like your pick but I think it will be a little more than just 2. Granger, on the other hand, I think you are way off to say that the Birds will be beat by the 45 point rule. I just don't see it happening after watching the Hornets the other night against Spur. The Birds have the quickness and the speed to remain undefeated....GO BIRDS...:-)

In the guru defense, understand that his model of the game takes into account performance from the beginning and makes adjustments based on the performance of the previous week. Just like mine but he uses a different model, and that doesn't make him wrong. Believe it or not we are not really predicting scores but rather the winner of the game and the margin that the model comes up with. Sometimes I have a hard time understand how the heck it comes up with some of the numbers but I tend to trust it.

Of course in any 6-man game, the loss of a key player to the flu, grades or girlfriend can be a game changer. One year I tried to use home field advantage but found that as an influence, it had less than 2% impact on scores, 1.3% if I remember correctly. And homecoming has less a positive effect than you would think. We are always trying to find the factor that gives us the edge, I spent two years of data trying to model distance traveled with out coming to any findings I could use. I tried using enrollment figures but teams like RS busted that model to heck and back. If you can't apply it successfully at least 70% of the time it's not worth tracking or using.

in 6 man I think a 2 point prediction is saying that it could go either way . . .

Still, best of luck to your team . . .

I know the last two years the final scores were50-25 and 61-12 Aspermont both played at Jayton. Both teams are better than last year. That may not mean a thing. Only facts. It'll still come down to execution, good tackling and breaks. May the best team win, and both come out healthy. I'll be rooting for the Hornets. I expect a 4 quarter game unlike last year.

Last home game at Aspermont had the pleasure of having a frito pie made with homemade chili, and all the fixins'. Best one I've had at a football game in a long time. Burgers are good too. Yeah, I like to eat.

Aspermont is overrated, Spur was down because of the loss to Petersburg the week before that they should have won. The Jayton Jaybirds should be headed home by halftime with a Victory!!! I'm calling this Jayton - 68 Aspermont 22.

raiderrb10":1ao22yed said:
Give me a break. Aspermont will definitely 45 them. Jayton has nothing on them.

Haha...You so funny...:-) It will be a tuff game for both..It comes down to who makes the least mistakes...GO BIRDS!!!

Bulletproof":2s6dfafl said:
Kekoa must be another one of the Jayton folk. Put down the pipe and come back to reality.
Bulletproof...Really...:-) How long you been up...:-) Loosen you belt a little it's cutting off your circulation...:-)

Back