It's TIME!!

From the Newberg Report

Thirty minutes before kickoff of that game last night against the other Giants, this was the scene at a local Academy, where a massive Rangers display is all you see the minute you walk through the doors to the store:

----------------------------------------
[Sorry pic ^ didnt come out]
----------------------------------------

Thirty minutes before the end of that abomination of a football game, if you were listening to Brad & Babe on the radio call (or, I understand, the ESPN call, too), you heard a crystal-clear “Let’s Go Rangers!” chant break out in the stands.

Awesome.

It Is Time! I never thought I'd see this. I've always considered football my favorite sport far & away. Never played "organized" baseball. It was my dad's favorite. He played football a couple of years before he joined the Merchant Marines at 17 since my grandparents wouldn't sign off on the Army after his brother was wounded in the Phillipines. But before highschool football in "town" they did play baseball in the community of Minters Chapel (a gin, his grandad's general store, & school) about 5 miles South of Grapevine.
I've mentioned on this site before that the 1st football game I remember watching on TV - in black & white - was the Ice Bowl. Watching teams from far away cities in B&W on a small screen play baseball always seemed dull & boring, agonizingly slow to a kid. But, we had a Pro football team in that big city next to Irving where one set of grandparents lived. They went to the NFL championship back to back - lost by a TD or less both times. Then they went to the super bowl a few years later. About the same time we heard Arlington was getting a Pro baseball team. Wow. Big Time. Pro FB & BB (basketball, hockey, ha-ha). Going to watch the Rangers made me wish I had played. Then they NEVER won enough to make the playoff's, usually never even close. It became a "recreational " sport to watch occasionally, not follow closely. In 96 hope was reborn then died again after jut a few years. It was like being teased, then slapped back to reality, always by the Damn yankees. So savor the moment. You never know if it will ever happen again, at least in our life time.

51eleven":3l1sbt05 said:
Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX)
2010-10-24
Page: B

Grandfather would have loved Rangers' success
Lee Williams, [email protected]

p_action=doc&p_docid=1330F9E707E15D50&p_docnum=1#ixzz13OkDEE4f

I read this and thought what our grandkids would say about all of us someday?

Grandpa Andy used to watch them Dallas Cowboys play. He dreamed of the day they would be back to the super bowl. Grandpa Andy passed away in 2087 at 120 and never did get to see them play in the super bowl again. Here I am in 2123 a very old man myself and they have finally made it back.

ROFL

I could not resist and yes, I did see all of the super bowls from 1979 to now that they have been in including the 1979 one where they beat my broncos.....that was the year we moved from Colorado to Texas. I was the laughing stock of my 5th grade class.

Andy

I'm in a fowl mood to say the least

I now pose you a question...Is it worth spending $400-500 on a ticket to a game in Texas? What do yall think?

One thing we can say it;s not over,just ask the Mavs
a few years back..
The last two games were not good,i bet many people
seeing the Rangers for the first time are thinking
How in the world did this team get here??
This maybe the only chance to see a W.S in Arlington
for awhile? Do It!!

clawandantlers.jpg

oneday":3jp2vknb said:
You talked me into it...Game 5...See you there

Good,i'll be there too
From Newberg
--------------------
I'm told by more than one of you that StubHub prices are falling for tonight's game.

Again: This is the final home game of the 2010 season. Cliff Lee is pitching.

It's the World Series.

This is an opportunity for us to amp the energy back up in our House tonight.

I'm invoking both Rally Minka and Dave Valle now, and suggesting that we can do our part tonight to send our team back to San Francisco, to push the resiliency envelope even further.

I know I don't need to say this to those of you who are on this mailing list, but man: Don't give up on 2010 -- not now.

Back