It's Been Quite On Here

The 2022 season maybe in the books. But come on this is Texas and football is KING and always will be. So, we should be chatting all year long.
I'm already excited about 2023, who will be the top teams? Are there any new schools coming into the mix? Which teams will fall from the top tier?

I think Covenant Classical will still be the team everyone will have to get through to win State. I know they lose Briley at QB, but they return a lot and they have been 16-1 the last two years with their JV and going 4-1 vs publics. So their JV QB's must be good. I do think Abilene can challenge them in District 1, but they lose their do everything back in Ty Armstrong. But they also return a lot. Will be a great match-up, though Covenant holds a 3-0 advantage over Abilene in head to head.

Lucas and Coram Deo should both be strong again in District 2 and Wyllie was really young so they may be worth watching. Live Oak I feel will also be back in contention. First Baptist, Conroe and Bryan Allen will all 3 have a say in the final outcome as well.

Let's debate it through the off season.

The 2022 season maybe in the books. But come on this is Texas and football is KING and always will be. So, we should be chatting all year long.
I'm already excited about 2023, who will be the top teams? Are there any new schools coming into the mix? Which teams will fall from the top tier?

I think Covenant Classical will still be the team everyone will have to get through to win State. I know they lose Briley at QB, but they return a lot and they have been 16-1 the last two years with their JV and going 4-1 vs publics. So their JV QB's must be good. I do think Abilene can challenge them in District 1, but they lose their do everything back in Ty Armstrong. But they also return a lot. Will be a great match-up, though Covenant holds a 3-0 advantage over Abilene in head to head.

Lucas and Coram Deo should both be strong again in District 2 and Wyllie was really young so they may be worth watching. Live Oak I feel will also be back in contention. First Baptist, Conroe and Bryan Allen will all 3 have a say in the final outcome as well.

Let's debate it through the off season.
The real question is...how much longer does Covenant Classical stay 6 man?

Back