It’s Finally Here !!!! Week 7

Got an email from 1AFan last night. " Texas 1A Fan did not get all the approvals needed to broadcast the game between Cherokee and Richland Springs." They will be there, but not broadcasting. Too bad because 1A Fan does a great job. I know they wanted to do it. I haven't heard from anyone else about audio streaming. Maybe San Saba will cover it?
Apparently, under the new ownership they only broadcast the 11-man games. You are right 1AFan does a good job.

Last edited:
Got an email from 1AFan last night. " Texas 1A Fan did not get all the approvals needed to broadcast the game between Cherokee and Richland Springs." They will be there, but not broadcasting. Too bad because 1A Fan does a great job. I know they wanted to do it. I haven't heard from anyone else about audio streaming. Maybe San Saba will cover it?
"all the approvals needed"? Who didn't approve? Certainly not the AD at RS.

Seen film. If RS doesn’t take them seriously they’ll come into town and embarrass them like May did in 2013. Just a hunch I have. Would love to be proven wrong.
I can guarantee you that the Yotes will take them very very serious. If they don't, it will have been the first time since 2000 that the Injuns have defeated the Yotes.

I was told permission could not be obtained. However, they will still be at the game and tweeting. Follow Texas1aFan on Twitter for scoring updates.
Would someone from both schools or 1A Fan make a statement as to why the game is not being streamed? There’s lots of fans who want to hear this game! Is a school blocking it or the UIL?

Would someone from both schools or 1A Fan make a statement as to why the game is not being streamed? There’s lots of fans who want to hear this game! Is a school blocking it or the UIL?

I've heard conflicting reports as to why so I really couldn't tell you. Your best bet might be to just call one of the schools and ask if you're that interested. I'm not sure you'd get anything out of that, but that would probably be the only way to get an official answer. I'm not too interested in the why at this point because there's probably nothing that anyone can do to change it. I'm just bummed out that I don't get to hear the game when I'd already had my hopes set on watching it on the NFHS network.

I've heard conflicting reports as to why so I really couldn't tell you. Your best bet might be to just call one of the schools and ask if you're that interested. I'm not sure you'd get anything out of that, but that would probably be the only way to get an official answer. I'm not too interested in the why at this point because there's probably nothing that anyone can do to change it. I'm just bummed out that I don't get to hear the game when I'd already had my hopes set on watching it on the NFHS network.

1afan asked and was told by Richland they could be there for pictures only but not allowed to broadcast

Texas Rebel there’s some final paper work to be sorted from a thread RS got locked.

Game predictions from Texas Rebel
Richland Springs has:
  1. home field advantage. FALSE-Cherokee’s sideline had more fans than RS
  2. Better talent. FALSE- #1 for Cherokee (maybe be the 5th fastest on the team) ran down #3 the RS sprint and hurdle track star.
  3. If Richland Springs can vastly improve on their kicking game, they will win. FALSE- Richland’s kicking game was almost perfect… but a non factor(other than preventing a 45)
  4. intangible to factor in is the way the 16th District's Executive Committee and UIL State Executive Committee treated Jerry Burkhard in their suspension of him from Coaching for 3 years based on allegations and no concrete evidence. Rulings made on heresay evidence. That sordid affair was instigated by 2 incredibly frustrated and jeoulous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. MAYBE (insert Texas Rebel Excuses here)
  5. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Adminstration. FALSE- apparently last year points do not carry over to the next year. UPDATE- Biden administration. Still waiting on the results from Rochelle.
  6. But this game will be a precursor to their second matchup in the playoffs. The game that really counts. HOPEFULLY?
  7. The Beast from RS- FALSE- The only Beasts on the field were wearing white.
  8. Cherokee's superintendent, Rochelle's superintendent, the UIL State Executive Committee (culprits of the Jerry Burkhart witch-hunt) have filled The Yote's "with a terrible resolve". CORRECTION: - delete resolve should read “ Terrible”
This week,when you try to figure out who will win Richland or Rochelle, don’t forget to factor in your: Bias, wishes, hopes , dreams, and I really really really want it to go my way

Texas Rebel there’s some final paper work to be sorted from a thread RS got locked.

Game predictions from Texas Rebel
Richland Springs has:
  1. home field advantage. FALSE-Cherokee’s sideline had more fans than RS
  2. Better talent. FALSE- #1 for Cherokee (maybe be the 5th fastest on the team) ran down #3 the RS sprint and hurdle track star.
  3. If Richland Springs can vastly improve on their kicking game, they will win. FALSE- Richland’s kicking game was almost perfect… but a non factor(other than preventing a 45)
  4. intangible to factor in is the way the 16th District's Executive Committee and UIL State Executive Committee treated Jerry Burkhard in their suspension of him from Coaching for 3 years based on allegations and no concrete evidence. Rulings made on heresay evidence. That sordid affair was instigated by 2 incredibly frustrated and jeoulous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. MAYBE (insert Texas Rebel Excuses here)
  5. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Adminstration. FALSE- apparently last year points do not carry over to the next year. UPDATE- Biden administration. Still waiting on the results from Rochelle.
  6. But this game will be a precursor to their second matchup in the playoffs. The game that really counts. HOPEFULLY?
  7. The Beast from RS- FALSE- The only Beasts on the field were wearing white.
  8. Cherokee's superintendent, Rochelle's superintendent, the UIL State Executive Committee (culprits of the Jerry Burkhart witch-hunt) have filled The Yote's "with a terrible resolve". CORRECTION: - delete resolve should read “ Terrible”
This week,when you try to figure out who will win Richland or Rochelle, don’t forget to factor in your: Bias, wishes, hopes , dreams, and I really really really want it to go my way
Love it !!!!!!

Back