Is Gordon for real ?

Horsehair96

Six-man fan
How about those Gordon Longhorns. They are steam rolling everybody they play and not allowing very many points at all. The real question……have they played anybody ?

I'm sure Gordon hoped for better regular season opponents this season. Good teams that would challenge that team are few and they will meet a couple of them soon enough. Not one on the regular schedule. So far it's been a lot of how do we slow down our scoring as to not completely demoralize our opponents. That's hard to accomplish even with the 2nd string sometimes but it does show a lot of class in coaching. That Strawn game is a good case in point. Could have easily been 90-0 if they wanted to.

I like Abbott and Gordon….not going to give Westbrook a fighting chance ? Not so sure about Jonesboro
Oh Westbrook will come to play ! I was talking about the 3 teams that would come out of the east . The state game is not going to be a mercy rule in d1 . The state game could go either way . D2 benj mercy’s whoever they play . It will be fun to watch who will represent d1 west and east . Cause it’s a toss up with 3 very good teams on each side

West: Knox City seems to have something really special this year. Westbrook is a machine. WB wins the rematch
East: Abbott and Jonesboro are solid programs that seem to be just on the cusp year in and year out. Gordon has a proven coach, a strong tradition of success, and those sophomores. Gordon is my Homer call to represent the east.
State: if Gordon is there, they are my very Homer driven pick. Otherwise WB gets the 3-peat....

the knoxcity and west game is going to be one for the books . Winner will go to state .
Knox City had their hands full with Valley tonight (10/×6%23.
I'm sure Gordon hoped for better regular season opponents this season. Good teams that would challenge that team are few and they will meet a couple of them soon enough. Not one on the regular schedule. So far it's been a lot of how do we slow down our scoring as to not completely demoralize our opponents. That's hard to accomplish even with the 2nd string sometimes but it does show a lot of class in coaching. That Strawn game is a good case in point. Could have easily been 90-0 if they wanted to.
Gordon/ as all teams are in second year of honoring agreements.

Gordon hasn’t played Anybody. If they get into a game that becomes a dog fight I will take the dog that has been in a fight. That being said they may never have to fight it out.

It’s not like the East is just loaded with top tier teams this year. I’m an East guy so it’s not easy to say. I’ve said it before, I like the stronger schedules. I won’t go back into all that again. I’ll just say this, at this time of the year you either want it or you don’t. If you find yourself in a “dog fight” then it’s time to shine. Everyone is about to be starting at zero wins. Schedules or win loss record won’t mean anything if you don’t show up and show out. I’d would venture to say that out of the top 3 East teams that Jonesboro has had the toughest schedule. I’d also say I don’t think they will be in Arlington in December.

It’s not like the East is just loaded with top tier teams this year. I’m an East guy so it’s not easy to say. I’ve said it before, I like the stronger schedules. I won’t go back into all that again. I’ll just say this, at this time of the year you either want it or you don’t. If you find yourself in a “dog fight” then it’s time to shine. Everyone is about to be starting at zero wins. Schedules or win loss record won’t mean anything if you don’t show up and show out. I’d would venture to say that out of the top 3 East teams that Jonesboro has had the toughest schedule. I’d also say I don’t think they will be in Arlington in December.
Will they make it, you have been pretty accurate on your assumptions.

Back