Ira Bulldogs- Lance Morris

There were better games that I could have gone to. I went to Paducah with one purpose in mind. That was to be there if Lance Morris indeed broke the career mark. He did so and I am glad to have witnessed history in the making. He had 155 yards at the half and wound up with 252 yards rushing for the night.

Congratulations Lance Morris. I interviewed him after the game. He was very humble giving thanks to other team members both present and those who played at Ira thus far in his career. I don't believe he has had time for this accomplishment to sink in yet. No matter which date you use, 1936 or 1938, the game has been played for 70 plus years and he now holds the career rushing record for Six-Man football here in Texas and again I am delighted that I could be there to watch him set this record, 10476 yards as of tonight. He has the opportunity to add many yards to his record before is career is finished!

Don Hardin
Abilene

donhardin":2taq4u2w said:
There were better games that I could have gone to. I went to Paducah with one purpose in mind. That was to be there if Lance Morris indeed broke the career mark. He did so and I am glad to have witnessed history in the making. He had 155 yards at the half and wound up with 252 yards rushing for the night.

Congratulations Lance Morris. I interviewed him after the game. He was very humble giving thanks to other team members both present and those who played at Ira thus far in his career. I don't believe he has had time for this accomplishment to sink in yet. No matter which date you use, 1936 or 1938, the game has been played for 70 plus years and he now holds the career rushing record for Six-Man football here in Texas and again I am delighted that I could be there to watch him set this record, 10476 yards as of tonight. He has the opportunity to add many yards to his record before is career is finished!

Don Hardin
Abilene
Thank you Mr. Hardin for making your choice to come out and watch the Bulldog team make history. We have the utmost respect for you and your take on the game of Sixman Football. And let's not forget Happy day late Birthday!!

I know this was a little of subject, but thanks for all you do for Sixman Ball :)

It's Homecoming week and the start of district play for the Ira Bulldogs! Good luck to both teams and safe travels for all players and fans.

Good luck to the Bulldog Team with that magic number of 11,232 close in sight. Go get it for the Ira Bulldogs, Go get it for Sixman Football!!!!!!

Good Luck tonight to the Ira Bulldog Team. We are all VERY proud Bulldog Fans!
Safe travels for all players and fans from Ira and Crowell.

The 11,232 mentioned above is Ken Hall's "Sugarland Express" record and oneday says on another thread he's 15 yard shy.
So, 11,217 ? If Ira shoud make it to the state game, I.E. 5 more games including tonight, he could pretty well shatter it.

Lance has a great career but i want to give a shout out to for the young men blocking for him too... and yes i'm an old lineman HAHAHA

Back