Ira Bulldogs- Lance Morris

ryry

Six-man fan
Congrats to Lance Morris and the Ira Bulldogs!!!!!!! Lance Morris just broke the 10000 plus yard mark!!!!! The yards continue, way to go Lance and the Bulldog team!!!!!

Lance Morris Senior, Ira Bulldogs. 10000 career rushing only yards and counting. I think he ended up with 200 more yards than that rushing only give or take.

I think Lance needed 140 yards tonight to get over the 10000 mark in career rushing. He did that. Incredible talent.

Don Hardin
Abilene

oneday":2zqqsyb6 said:
they really ment 10,000...career yards rushing...2nd six-man player to do so...congrats and now go get The Sugarland Express record!
was that Trinidad feller the other? Jackson? Congrats Mr. Lance Morris.

Congrats! That's incredible.

ACHS-vs-Ira-10-14-2011-134-L.jpg

The word I hear is Lance came into the game against Klondike needing 140 yards to eclipse the magical 10000 yard career mark. He did that and more. Again, what I hear is he finished with 328 yards on 26 carries.

Math time. IF everything above is true, Lance entered the game with a total career mark of 9860 yards. The 328 yards gained in this game puts him at 10188 yards.

Mr. Peter Saliaz of Mullin 1992-1995 is reported to have a total of 10480 career rushing yards. If so, Mr. Lance Morris needs 292 to tie the best ever in Six-Man yardage wise.

If you are interested, the great Kenneth Hall of Sugarland fame, (11-Man) 1950-1953, owns the record of career rushing here in Texas with 11232 yards. According to my math Mr. Lance Morris would still need 1044 yards to tie Mr. Hall.

PEOPLE IT IS SO VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP ACCURATE STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance, Good Football to you as you continue your trek. I am proud to have seen you play the game!

Don Hardin
Abilene

Got a chance to see Morris and Ira last year. Blazing fast kid with good vision out there, easily one of the best backs I've seen in six-man football. Congratulations to Lance the unsung heroes blocking for him out there!

Mr. Peter Saliaz of Mullin 1992-1995 is reported to have a total of 10480 career rushing yards. If so, Mr. Lance Morris needs 292 to tie the best ever in Six-Man yardage wise.

Here are numbers I believe to be reliable.

Pete Saliaz (Six-Man) verified career total is 10468, 12 shy of what I reported earlier in this thread.
The verified number for Lance Morris (Six-Man) now stand at 10224 career yards. That leaves him short of Petey 244 yards to tie.

The break down on the career of Lance is as follows:

Freshman 159 carries 2551 yards 26 TDs
Sophomore 240 carries 3267 yards 56 TDs
Junior 225 carries 3263 yards 53 TDs
Current 88 carries 1143 yards 16 TDs

Totals 712 carries 10224 yards 151 TDs.

Ken Hall from Sugarland 1950-53 (Eleven-Man) gained 11232 yards. Lance would need 1008 to tie what has long been thought to be an unbreakable record.

The Ira Bulldogs travel to Paducah to take on the Dragons on Friday night October 5th at 7:30 PM.
Thank you to Leman Saunders and Coach Goodwin for working to establish these official numbers on Petey and Lance.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Ira Offensive Line

You deserve just as much credit young men. Without you none of this would be possible. Congrats as well young men, you guys do an awesome job and play with lots of heart!! We are all very proud Bulldog Fans

Back