I'm having this debate

Dell City is natural grass with no true fence. Beautiful view of the Guadalupe Mountains in the background. One of the more unique places I’ve seen a game. Stadium in Sanderson is also on the bucket list, real West Texas feel. Rochelle is cool, short “bleachers” made of concrete on the side of a small hill (has a track). And Spur also has a track, but that design is too cool not to mention. Brookesmith no track and a cozy atmosphere.

Yeah you've got me beat by a long shot. I definitely want to go to Spur, especially after seeing your video. Hopefully I'm able to see you at one of these stadiums

Balmorhea's new stadium might be a new bucket list for some, depending on how it turns out when completed. I do know it'll be located just outside of town. Idk if it'll be turf or grass but they do have some mountains off in the distance that may add a nice background view depending on their layout.

Last edited:
Looks like Westbrook has turf but no track around field. Paint Rock doesn’t have real track. Moran grass and no track. Paint Creek has grass and no track. Lots of neat fields out there. TexasBob is a neat web site to check out fields and it tells if they are turf or grass and if it has a track. See you somewhere this fall and back on here wasting everyone’s time with my foolishness,
Westbrook has a track, it is just seperate and sits next to the football stadium. There is a few that are like this Loop, Lorenzo, Hart, Westbrook, Sanderson.

Balmorhea's new stadium might be a new bucket list for some, depending on how it turns out when completed. I do know it'll be located just outside of town. Idk if it'll be turf or grass but they do have some mountains off in the distance that may add a nice background view depending on their layout.
Balmorhea with a new stadium have to add that to the checklist

Not a good time for this argument. When your starving to watch some football, id watch from a cell phone tower right now!!!!! Kinda like going to the grocery store on an empty stomach. Lol

Not a good time for this argument. When your starving to watch some football, id watch from a cell phone tower right now!!!!! Kinda like going to the grocery store on an empty stomach. Lol
I just had a little snack. I was in Strawn last Saturday. Wish I could go to Can-Am bowl. Hope to be in Wichita Falls for All-Star game. Had just enough fix to day dream about stadiums.

You guys should try Sidney. In the bend of Jimmys creek with huge Pecan trees and some smaller oaks spotted all around it. Years ago there was no fence to keep fans away from the field. Sadly, it didn't keep cars and or pickups off of the field either. Had to put up a fence.
If you love getting close I agree about Sidney, and id give a close second to Mullin.

I've always had this debate with myself. It's just knowing we're a month out from 2-a-days got me thinking about it again. Thankfully, I know the best football is on a 80*40

Spur is cool. Passing through stopped at Allsup's for a break, ice cream. Sign beside the parking lot pointed to a city park up a hill behind it. I was stunned. The stadium built into the side of the hill on the other side with trees and the ag farm below. Pretty neat for that part of WT.

Spur is cool. Passing through stopped at Allsup's for a break, ice cream. Sign beside the parking lot pointed to a city park up a hill behind it. I was stunned. The stadium built into the side of the hill on the other side with trees and the ag farm below. Pretty neat for that part of WT.
Allsups…..the real gas station burritos

From a private school perspective, Covenant Classical in North Fort Worth is really nice. I know someone touched on The Pasture. Heck, even the park my school has played at is pretty neat. Sadly Callahan Field where Harvest Christian in Watauga (Keller Now) is getting torn down so. That was truly the best private school atmosphere.
I live a few blocks behind that QT on 377 adjacent to WH. I can hear their games from my back yard every time they are at home. Why will it be tore down? I do know that behind the bank next to QT there has been a sign selling acreage to develop.

I live a few blocks behind that QT on 377 adjacent to WH. I can hear their games from my back yard every time they are at home. Why will it be tore down? I do know that behind the bank next to QT there has been a sign selling acreage to develop.
I attend the school that took over the building after Harvest left. the plan is after we move into our new building in 2023, Lifestyle Church will put in a new school with no plans for sports as the church doesn’t have enough money anymore to maintain the facilities. They shared the costs with Harvest I heard.

I really liked Iredell. Saw a playoff game a couple of years ago. I hope some others comment on this. There are lots of fields I have not seen but I do like the ones without the track best. Sterling City should be an awesome 11man field. May have to put it on my bucket list for an 11man game.
Iredell is a real beauty. The water from the Bosque River helps them keep the field in top shape, and the catfish at the Iredell Cafe is a great pregame meal. I'd also add my personal favorite, Cranfills Gap, while you're in the area, and Walnut Springs, for a great Sixman experience.

I attend the school that took over the building after Harvest left. the plan is after we move into our new building in 2023, Lifestyle Church will put in a new school with no plans for sports as the church doesn’t have enough money anymore to maintain the facilities. They shared the costs with Harvest I heard.
That field and bleachers and baseball field were and still are very nice. That’s a lot of money just wasting away. Will there be games this fall or is it already being done away with?

Back