Hmmm...guess the dead horse is alive and well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres so many means of communication nowadays I'm almost convinced theres no way to stop it. You've got old school notes, gameplan scripts, walkies, cell phones, headsets, login information through Hudl, film study etc.

People talk... people share.. The suspended coach from RS was spotted on the field yesterday according to my sources. Gotta take everything into consideration. Cmon UIL, do your job!

Talent chaser maybe
Spread 91 you obviouly know nothing about sixman football. Coach jones was at Marathon in the 70's (winning two titles) and the 80's before going to Fort Stockton and coaching 11man for 13 or so years. He started the sixman program in Sanderson taking them to the state title game in '03. He was at garden city for the '09 and '10 championships. He has taken Balmorhea to three state title games, winning one. The last thing I would call Coach Jones is a talent chaser, he is a progrram builder. Everywhere he goes and has success he stays for multiple years (like 5 or more) and builds his kids up and programs up. Please educate yourself before coming on here and making yourself look ridiculous with outlandish statements.

People talk... people share.. The suspended coach from RS was spotted on the field yesterday according to my sources. Gotta take everything into consideration. Cmon UIL, do your job!
If that speculation is correct and proven then the school can be dealt a very severe penalty (suspension from athletic competition) for a number of years. I would hope that the administration at RS is more involved than to let that happen. Cell phones videos on ground and in air and all sorts of devices to record that are available and to be naive enough to even let the coach attempt it would be outlandish. I’m sure if someone has proof and presented to UIL then then penalty would be very severe. As an athletic director he has to be involved in supervision of personnel and that requires a presence but coaching or other coaching duties was prohibited by UIL. IM SURE THAT THE RS ADMINISTRATION is aware of the severity of any violation and has taken steps to avoid tho… so at this time “sources” need to confirm him coaching or stop. There are too many lives involved in the situation. 3-4 year suspension from competition wipes out 4 classes and that’s severe affecting and effecting lots of young peoples lives

Last edited:
Spread 91 you obviouly know nothing about sixman football. Coach jones was at Marathon in the 70's (winning two titles) and the 80's before going to Fort Stockton and coaching 11man for 13 or so years. He started the sixman program in Sanderson taking them to the state title game in '03. He was at garden city for the '09 and '10 championships. He has taken Balmorhea to three state title games, winning one. The last thing I would call Coach Jones is a talent chaser, he is a progrram builder. Everywhere he goes and has success he stays for multiple years (like 5 or more) and builds his kids up and programs up. Please educate yourself before coming on here and making yourself look ridiculous with outlandish statements.
Absolutely! Well said. Vance is the greatest 6man coach of all time. Program builder is right. Hes never chased talent and is known to build programs. Winning titles at multiple schools proves it. He shouldve had that one with Sanderson but didnt happen.

If that speculation is correct and proven then the school can be dealt a very severe penalty (suspension from athletic competitio) for a number of years. I would hope that the administration at RS is more involved than to let that happen. Cell phones videos all sorts of devices to record that are available and to be naive enough to even let the coach attempt it would be outlandish. I’m sure if someone has proof then then penalty would be very severe. As an athletic director he has to be involved in supervision of personnel and that requires a presence but coaching or other coaching duties was prohibited by UIL. IM SURE THAT THE RS ADMINISTRATION is aware of the severity of any violation.
You have a week to prepare for your opponent. I guarantee you the UIL is not at Richland Springs 6-7 days of the week. Just read the first post and that should give you an answer. Especially the ones that refuse to believe the SECs decision

I‘m not sure which first post you meant I know the UIL is not at RS any day of the week. BUT it’s not out of the question for them to send a representative on unannounced visit. Once a decision is handed down it’s up to the school administration to enforce it. BUT there are those who would go to any means to prove a violation. Even possibly some in the RS community. He could meet with his staff after hours or at a dinner party or at a backyard bbq or at church social and what transpires there who knows. Technology today would and could permit him to not even be present at games watch game remotely and still remotely communicate and advise coaches not that they would go to those means But rest assured that there are those who would cherish their demise. Any proof presented to the SEC of the RS coach involvement in ANY coaching activity will be dealt with severely. I’m sure that RS ADMINISTRATION is aware of penalties

Vance and Jerry are 1&2 what ever floats your boat in what order to put them go ahead . As far as talent chaser goes that was just bs coming out of mouth to get more people going . Vance is a hell of a coach and down to earth guy . And it’s impressive he is still doing it . Vance and Jerry are it! Not just one .

Do you think richland should get stripped rings ?
If there is undeniable evidence of wrongdoing, maybe. As it stands now, probably not.

I'm not a fan of RS. I've never seen them play, never heard of Tyler Ethridge until Harley was in Moran and he was all he ever talked about, but I don't actively dislike the school or anyone there.

If there is undeniable evidence of wrongdoing, maybe. As it stands now, probably not.

I'm not a fan of RS. I've never seen them play, never heard of Tyler Ethridge until Harley was in Moran and he was all he ever talked about, but I don't actively dislike the school or anyone
I don’t think that happens much in high school if ever lol . They are kids and worked hard for it and what’s done is done so I say keep them . Everyone good luck Friday and I pray every team stays healthy and injury free

According to Lone Star Football Network, Paul Pasqua was the head coach at Marathon in 1974 for their first championship while Vance Jones coached the 1976 Marathon Championship team. So Vance won one championship at Marathon not two as head coach.

According to Lone Star Football Network, Paul Pasqua was the head coach at Marathon in 1974 for their first championship while Vance Jones coached the 1976 Marathon Championship team. So Vance won one championship at Marathon not two as head coach.
Was he not assistant with Pasqua for the 74? I could have sworn he was. If not the other state title must be the track title they won during that time. Still doesn't disprove that Coach Jones is a program builder and not a talent chaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back