Happy vs Westbrook

Is impressive I will say that . Abbott has great season year after year plus rings in multiple sports . 1 state title don’t define a team . Look at 10 years of ball between the 2 and see who has had more success . Also you might find years Abbott schedule was very very strong .
That’s awesome I’m happy for Abbott and their past winnings. No one has said anything about their past winnings haha. So we are going to compare this year by what each program has accomplished 10 years ago haha. How bout we focus on happy and y’all focus on IC haha

Is impressive I will say that . Abbott has great season year after year plus rings in multiple sports . 1 state title don’t define a team . Look at 10 years of ball between the 2 and see who has had more success . Also you might find years Abbott schedule was very very strong .
Ok so if that's the case Motley co is better than Abbott if we are talking about not just winning titles. Motley co been to 4 state titles getting 1 championship in 2007. Making playoffs 16 years straight. Even if you look at 10 years Motley co still better just remember you said 1 state doesn't define a team

Ok so if that's the case Motley co is better than Abbott if we are talking about not just winning titles. Motley co been to 4 state titles getting 1 championship in 2007. Making playoffs 16 years straight. Even if you look at 10 years Motley co still better just remember you said 1 state doesn't define a team
Mc has had wonderful teams and very good success . I have always been impressed with there football program . I didn’t say Abbott was the best team on earth lol . What I’m saying is it’s time to give them boys some credit . Hope they win Saturday then upset whoever they play for state like they did Crowell a few years back . Because we all know no matter what year it is or what team it is , the west will be the favorites in d1 . Good luck to all teams stay healthy .

So Abbott won it in 2015 and was runner up in 2012. From what I see that’s the only two appearances. The last appearance being 7 years ago.
Your point is ? What did Westbrook do ? Win state last year and put there town on the map ? Which congrats by the way ! I never heard of Westbrook until a championship was won . Love to know my Texas towns

Mc has had wonderful teams and very good success . I have always been impressed with there football program . I didn’t say Abbott was the best team on earth lol . What I’m saying is it’s time to give them boys some credit . Hope they win Saturday then upset whoever they play for state like they did Crowell a few years back . Because we all know no matter what year it is or what team it is , the west will be the favorites in d1 . Good luck to all teams stay healthy .
Westbrook was a 36 point underdog to May last year. Your statement is false.

No one is comfortable in Westbrook. Focused is a better word. I’m hoping Abbott wins Saturday. I think it will make for a good state game. What people are knocking Abbott on is the strength of schedule. If you really study that schedule it don’t prove nothing. They will end their season with one loss in the worst situation. You can get by with that in the east side of the bracket. In the west side you face state contenders each round. So you have to be battle tested.

I thought Abbott should have won against May last year. I think it came down to a passing game at the end.

IC held off a very talented Jonesboro team that Westbrook had already beat at their place.

I think both games Friday and Saturday will be fun to watch.
I love your post!!!!
What your eyes tell your brain that cannot control your fingers, keep juggling 🤡

No one is comfortable in Westbrook. Focused is a better word. I’m hoping Abbott wins Saturday. I think it will make for a good state game. What people are knocking Abbott on is the strength of schedule. If you really study that schedule it don’t prove nothing. They will end their season with one loss in the worst situation. You can get by with that in the east side of the bracket. In the west side you face state contenders each round. So you have to be battle tested.

I thought Abbott should have won against May last year. I think it came down to a passing game at the end.

IC held off a very talented Jonesboro team that Westbrook had already beat at their place.

I think both games Friday and Saturday will be fun to watch.
What should have happened in that May -Abbott game is a May win by 30 plus. I didn’t make excuses last year for that game. We won we moved on. However since it is history let’s set it straight. We had a key player and leader out due to injury (same kid missed state game). We had another with bad shoulder. So little out of sync most of the night. Especially defense. Let couple big plays go not the norm for last years team. Couple turnovers again not the norm. So out of sync due to injuries and some miscues kept Abbot in the game. WB would have ended Abbott at half

What should have happened in that May -Abbott game is a May win by 30 plus. I didn’t make excuses last year for that game. We won we moved on. However since it is history let’s set it straight. We had a key player and leader out due to injury (same kid missed state game). We had another with bad shoulder. So little out of sync most of the night. Especially defense. Let couple big plays go not the norm for last years team. Couple turnovers again not the norm. So out of sync due to injuries and some miscues kept Abbot in the game. WB would have ended Abbott at half
tmp.gif

I agree that was a major set back losing that one kid (he played center correct?) I watched May play several times over last couple
Years. Very talented group of young men.

Is the kid with the bad shoulder the one who scored the touchdown to put May ahead 60-52 in the state game last year?

Is the kid with the bad shoulder the one who scored the touchdown to put May ahead 60-52 in the state game last year?
I’m not sure if that was him on that play but he did score. #25. Kid had heart. Also had a bum shoulder that would come out. It happened a few times during the season. It happened against Abbott but that game he went back in after a few minutes. They scored while he was out. He didn’t play scared of it happening.

I agree that was a major set back losing that one kid (he played center correct?) I watched May play several times over last couple
Years. Very talented group of young men.
Not saying May wins that state game if he was not injured. Who knows. But it would have given more options on defense especially. Ware was a beast in that game but the kid blocking for him out of the backfield was the beast maker. We couldn’t get by him.

I’m not sure if that was him on that play but he did score. #25. Kid had heart. Also had a bum shoulder that would come out. It happened a few times during the season. It happened against Abbott but that game he went back in after a few minutes. They scored while he was out. He didn’t play scared of it happening.
#25 did score several times in the game as did #22

Not saying May wins that state game if he was not injured. Who knows. But it would have given more options on defense especially. Ware was a beast in that game but the kid blocking for him out of the backfield was the beast maker. We couldn’t get by him.
Anytime you are missing a starter it will hurt for sure. That game was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. Both teams well coached.

Totally agree with you. Ware, Crockett had intense blocking on top of being exceptionally talented. In the past 5 years WB and Mclean had fullback Jback that was unreal at blocking. Along with 5 years of the style from BC

What should have happened in that May -Abbott game is a May win by 30 plus. I didn’t make excuses last year for that game. We won we moved on. However since it is history let’s set it straight. We had a key player and leader out due to injury (same kid missed state game). We had another with bad shoulder. So little out of sync most of the night. Especially defense. Let couple big plays go not the norm for last years team. Couple turnovers again not the norm. So out of sync due to injuries and some miscues kept Abbot in the game. WB would have ended Abbott at
The best player last year would have been the kid that broke his collar bone from Abbott last year and didn’t play vs may . I was honestly impressed with how Abbott finished the year . Figured all the talk about may it would have been a blow out with out Abbotts stud . But that goes back to the Abbott coaching staff like I said one of the best in the game . They can adjust and out coach just about anyone .

Back