Government Shutdown

Yes, keep your thoughts not related to Sixman Football off this site. Your opening a can of worms that doesn't pertain to Sixman Football.

Little Doc":1iolmcj2 said:
Just wondering how Obama is going to blame this on Bush. Any thoughts?

I just wanted to ask, did the sun come up this morning? After listening to BO and Harry Reed talking about the possibility of a government shut down last night, I loaded up the assault rifle and hid in the cellar. Are there roving gangs of starving people looting and rioting? Has everyone gotten cancer and in need of government health insurance that ain't there? Did little green men land in flying saucers?

Y'all let me know when it's safe to come back out from underground.

sixmanness must not be familiar with the Newby topic...word of advice...don't go into that topic it is a vortex of nonsense who's hold on posters is near impossible to break free from!

I didn't get to listen to the speech and I was wondering was anything said about Medicare? I know several people on it. I would appreciate a little run down on it. Thank you

Hey, dont dump it over here. Shutdown is a good thing, we dam$ near shutdown all the time...oh wait thats cause we be livin' offin Guvment funds
PS MelaniB medicare aint affected, you may resume not worrying now

Thank you WestTexasFlats. My mom and dad are on it and I worry about them. My dad still works a little here and there and he's is 80 years old. I appreciate your post.

This is one can of worms I wasn't going to touch... but now that y'all have opened it up... nah I'm not going to comment because I be too ignorant on what's going on and haven't taken the time to read up.

I will say this though, if congress and the senate are shut, why are both Dem. and Rep. representatives still getting paid?

topher80":12vga8lf said:
This is one can of worms I wasn't going to touch... but now that y'all have opened it up... nah I'm not going to comment because I be too ignorant on what's going on and haven't taken the time to read up.

I will say this though, if congress and the senate are shut, why are both Dem. and Rep. representatives still getting paid?
They're kinda like the UIofL, they make the rules then apply or not as the drunk monkey dictates.............

It is simply a means to an end.... nothing more.. nothing less... It is an attempt reform parts of the new healthcare plan before it goes into effect completely. There are so many unanswered questions concerning that entire thing that it has A LOT of people very uneasy right now. I have been informed that my out of pocket insurance will triple as the phases of the new plan go into effect. That makes me happy to no end. haha.... Some people will get help while many will have to pay a lot more.

To me, a better solution is to round up all of the MANY government financial insurance assistance programs (Social Security Insurance, Medicare Insurance, "Obamacare" Insurance.. ect) and consolidate them into entity that pools its money and gives assistant where it is due and only when it is truly needed.

I got a better idea; get government out of healthcare. And before anybody starts digging my grave, somebody please show me where the Constitution guarantees everybody free healthcare.

Or y'all could just adopt free health care for everyone like pretty much the rest of the western world and tell the insurance companies where to shove it.... LOL

In all seriousness though, I hope things get resolved soon.

My point is the government shouldn't have to take care of everybody Churches used to care for people until big brother stepped in.

I have a somewhat cynical view of things ....... I truly believe it is not about providing healthcare but instead it is about making people dependent on government for all their needs thereby insuring government's role in our lives.

Back