Game of The Week-Week 1

GeneralTaters

11-man fan
There's a couple of notables got some big games for the first week.

My vote is Knox City vs Borden Country IMO is the game of week one.

I'll go with Knox intresting team in what I thought was the best district last year for a team this good to be edged out of the post season cause of two major powerhouses.

Comments, Questions.

Blum doesn't have enough size to keep WV from moving ball...on every possesion. The question in my mind is can WV contain Blum's quickness and speed? I think that they can...WV by 25 to 30.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on the Blum vs. WV match-up. Knox City and Borden County certainly looks like a good tilt. They're both on the docket for the WV this year so I'm definitely interested in the outcome. Knox City was far and away the best team kept out of the playoffs last year. Of course, when you're in a district with T-Rock and Crowell that can happen. Seems like Borden County is back after something of a down year last year. Ought to be an interesting battle.

What is it about RL vs. Bronte that makes you think it will be the game of the week? Just the renewed rivalry or something else. Frankly I wouldn't expect anything spectacular out of a game between a 6-man team ranked #32 and an 11-man team making their first attempt at 6-man. Am I missing something other than the rivalry?

huge rivalry...11-man v 6-man games are very rare...and it should be a good game really...that game just interests me more than all the others I guess. Ira v Valley would be the next one

Well Throck did play Windthorst not to long ago 11 man sixman match ups are become more common. As for valley vs Ira just chalk that up to Ira with a 45 victory.

Ira vs Valley is going to be a great game. These two teams have not met since the quarterfinals in 2004. Very exciting week 1 game.

Both valley and Ira return great players but how many years has it been since Ira has lost a non district game? I take Ira by a lot 30+ if not 45. Valley just doesn't have the talent to keep up with Ira. Take valley's coach and put him in Ira I say state champs.

You're right about Ira having plenty of talent, that Logan Morris might be as good as his brother was, but I disagree about the coaching change. I know Bret Tyler is a good coach but Toby Goodwin is pretty darn good as well so I think that would be a push. Ira's problem is the same as everyone else in Region 2... it's a meat grinder. The last 5 Division I state champs have come out of Region 2. This could be Ira's year but they'll have to get past some pretty good teams to do it. At least Throckmorton won't be one of them.

No Throck won't be one. But I say if Bret was at Ira he would win state he can take a group of misfits and win ball games while Iras coach has to have good players to win. Bret won't ever win a state title at valley in less some how Alex Espinosa has a re incarnation as a freshmen in valley and Charlie Waldon has a son in high school that's just as good as he was. Ira and Valley will not make it to state this year.

WV Backer":3o4f84iy said:
You're right about Ira having plenty of talent, that Logan Morris might be as good as his brother was, but I disagree about the coaching change. I know Bret Tyler is a good coach but Toby Goodwin is pretty darn good as well so I think that would be a push. Ira's problem is the same as everyone else in Region 2... it's a meat grinder. The last 5 Division I state champs have come out of Region 2. This could be Ira's year but they'll have to get past some pretty good teams to do it. At least Throckmorton won't be one of them.

How many years have I been saying this exact same thing?

Back