20th Annual Jayton Gridiron Classic

Stanaland

Six-man fan
We had a couple of schedule changes to our week one football weekend.

Thursday (8/24)
6:00 p.m. - Westbrook vs. Knox City
8:00 p.m. - Jayton vs. Garden City

Friday (8/25)
4:00 p.m. - Borden Co. vs. Lubbock Kingdom Prep
6:00 p.m. - Strawn vs. Crowell
8:00 p.m. - Valley vs. Motley Co.

Saturday (8/26)
2:30 p.m. - McLean vs. Van Horn
5:00 p.m. - Klondike vs. Happy
7:30 p.m. - Ira vs. May

Bold team is home.

Make plans to come out to Jayton for some great football!

Will there be air conditioning this year or just pray for rain? May be shade?
Wear loose fitting light colored clothing. One of those wider brimmed floppy ventilated fishing hats and shorts. Plenty of ice cold powerade in the ice chest (will they let you take a bottle in?). It worked for me for a couple of hours at Dinasour World with the grand kids. I've never been to the Jayton Classic. Hico several times.

I have been through Jayton a few times. Didn't see a gas station, or place to pee. Or any shade. I'd take a big umbrella.

Has Jayton considered staging their Gridiron Jamboree in mid-October or early January? It seems a little warm right now.

Definitely warm...I got stuck to my seat twice!

On a more serious note, though, this is my second year going and so far it's been a good time! After months with no football it's pretty awesome to see so many games in so little time. Great way to kick off the year, regardless of the temp! I could certainly stand to sweat off a few pounds. 😂

Definitely warm...I got stuck to my seat twice!

On a more serious note, though, this is my second year going and so far it's been a good time! After months with no football it's pretty awesome to see so many games in so little time. Great way to kick off the year, regardless of the temp! I could certainly stand to sweat off a few pounds. 😂
The free heated seats was a nice touch.

Back