Free Frito Pie +

51eleven

Six-man expert
This Sunday, November 6, 2:30 PM. W K Gordon Museum & Center for Industrial History of Texas. I20 at Thurber exit.
Author of "Fritos Pie" talks about & signs her book. Her dad, C E Doolin bought the recipe for fritos for $100 in the 1930's.
150 recipes & stories in the book. Afterwards, go next door for a meal with a view at New York Hill or across I-20 to the Smokestack Resturant or about a mile up 108 for BJ's Pizza, or 6-7 miles to Mary's in Strawn. Take the opportunity to visit beautiful downtown Mingus, Strawn or Gordon, or all 3.
The book's on Amazon for $15 if you can't make it.
This should be mandatory for fajita pete.

Yeah, me too. Went to a game there about a month ago. Was going to eat beforehand but didn't. Wanted something more substantial than FP. Only choice was the hot dog, with chili & cheese of course. PBXX fake cheese sauce, lot's of it & runny chili. Had to cut & dip the bread & dog in the mixture with a fork. Thought I'd get sick before I finished. Oh yeah, WTAM beat em for the 4th or 5th year in a row but they're bouncin back now. Revenge will be sweet whenever it comes.
But the $ went to the BB team that was running it that night so I guess it was for a good cause.

51eleven":365ugv3x said:
This Sunday, November 6, 2:30 PM. W K Gordon Museum & Center for Industrial History of Texas. I20 at Thurber exit.
Author of "Fritos Pie" talks about & signs her book. Her dad, C E Doolin bought the recipe for fritos for $100 in the 1930's.
150 recipes & stories in the book. Afterwards, go next door for a meal with a view at New York Hill or across I-20 to the Smokestack Resturant or about a mile up 108 for BJ's Pizza, or 6-7 miles to Mary's in Strawn. Take the opportunity to visit beautiful downtown Mingus, Strawn or Gordon, or all 3.
crap - I was out of range doing the killing Bambi thing till today. I would have made it, that's like going to rome to see the pope,

fajitapete":3p32ho2c said:
51eleven":3p32ho2c said:
crap - I was out of range doing the killing Bambi thing till today. I would have made it, that's like going to rome to see the pope,

Did you get one?

Venison chili on a frito pie
drool.gif

Old Bearkat" Did you get one? Venison chili on a frito pie [img:1nkhpp9r said:
http://209.85.12.232/7417/2/emo/drool.gif[/img]

Watched a couple of small 8's but nothing that needed killing, didn't see any does. Spent most of the weekend fixing blinds and feeders, don't understand how feeders can go bad in two weeks, but it happens . . .

Fresh venison chili in camp, hot!!! Everybody that walks by while it's cooking stops and adds a little more pepper. MMM, spicy but good.

Back