The vanishing Calvert Frito Pie

fajitapete

Six-man fan
My bad! The attempt to make a third game this week fell short. I should have checked to see kickoff time. I was planning to head out to Calvert about 6:30 in order to be there for a 7:30 kickoff. Then I got a late start, leaving the Forest Compound at or about 6:50. Figured I would be middle of first quarter.

Seems the game started at 7 and they must have never stopped the clock. I rolled in to the parking lot as everyone else was leaving. Time on deck? 8:10

C-stand closed so no frito pie this night. And to add insult to injury, some one had BBQ fumes wafting through the air, that alone flung a craving on me. If I could have tracked down the source I bet I would have had some good stuff.

Home and hungry by 9:30 Travelling next week but will be in the WF area so will try to make a local game up there.

The quest for the best HS football Frito Pie continues . . .

Not to make you jealous, but last night I took the boys to the UT-USC game and we were lucky enough to have tickets in the north end zone club where they have free food. My kids love it because they usually have a dessert bar.

Last night I get in there and go searching for the food. And what do I find to my delight? A Frito Pie bar! Let's just say I made several trips before the game even started. I had to drink plenty of water all night to appropriately flush my system, but man was it worth it.

The game was kind of nice too.

granger":1r0a0glw said:
. . .A Frito Pie bar! . . .

inquiring minds want to know, what items exist on a tier 1 collegiate Frito Pie bar? My mouth is watering just thinking of the possibilities. . .

I stuck with the basics, just chili and fritos. You know, cutting back on the dairy...

it had just the basics: fritos, chili, cheese, jalapenos and onions, from what I saw

Back