Lohn does Frito Pie right

fajitapete

Six-man fan
Thursday night under the lights, except it didn't really get dark till later. 5 guys and a girl took the field for the varsity, but I got there in time to watch the 8 man jr high team play as well. 8 players playing 6 man ball.

First Frito pie was ordered after giving the C-stand time to get organized. On this night, it was the junior class that would be benefiting from the sales. Interesting C-stand, has a open shed built on with 3 ten foot picnic tables to sit at as you eat. Out of the weather in case it rains or snows.

There were two options, a Frito pie for 3 bucks or the works for 4. Not taking any chances I ordered up the works. One of the best Frito pies in a long time. Regular Fritos, fresh and crisp. The chili was awesome, don't think it was wolf brand, way more meat in it, great flavor and hot enough to melt the cheese.

Hello mr telephone, customer has a choice, shredded cheddar, or some of the melted nacho lava.

Fresh crisp chopped sweet white onions, and jalapeño slices set up the first pie. Also offered was chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. On these options I passed, as purity is the finest test.

Only draw back that I saw was the size, hot dog boat, a bit small for a big appetite and they could have put more than 8 jalapeño slices on it,(I counted).

Shoot fire, it was good enough that during the varsity game I went back and got the works again. This time with some of them there tomatoes, actually not bad, not bad at all.

So where do they stand? the Lohn C-stand forges into first place, I am only docking them 1 point on the size of the serving, 1 point for the amount of onions and peppers. Score - 98 One of the best frito pies in a long time.

Remember, support the c-stands, all of them, and enjoy the next Frito Pie.

Back