freddy vs. ctcs

Let us look at a few statistics before we get into the opinion/emotional side of this game.

First with the Lions of Temple Central Texas Christian.

The Lions are 3-1, coming off of resounding defeat of formerly unbeaten Bellville Christian last week, 54-20. Their senior duo of Tyler Beecham and Marshall Hugo scored two touchdowns each. However, to show how balanced their offensive scoring attack is, three other Lions; Taylor Truitt, Brian Browder, and Jad Halabi also scored a touchdown each.

Beecham, a senior this year, is keeping up the pace from his stellar performance of last year, in which he rushed for 2,475 yards and had 44 touchdowns. (NOTE: Beecham was ‘hampered’ with a groin injury throughout the season last year. Just think of what he could have accomplished if he was healthy!)

With less than two minutes into the game with Bellville Christian, Beecham went on a 75 yard romp into the end zone (remember that the length of the field is only 80 yards!) Believe-it-or-not, that was Temple Central Texas Christian’s second touchdown of the game! The first touchdown came with just 48 ticks off the clock, when quarterback Taylor Truitt ran for a 39 yard touchdown after taking a pitch back from Beecham. In-other-words, Beecham, who wears jersey #22, is a stud worth noting. He also had an interception against Bellville. Last year Beecham was the Lions leading tackler with over 103 ‘stops’.

Beecham is also an excellent passer. The Lions love to mix-it-up. Quarterback Truitt is always handing the football off to Beecham, who has an excellent eye in reading the defense. If the defense is double or triple teaming him, he often throws the ball up field to an open receiver. FYI: "running back" Beecham throws just under 50% of all the Lion’s passes.

The Lions return most starters on both offense and defense from last year, where they made the playoffs. They won five of their last seven regular season games of the year, before losing in the playoffs. Conclusion: This is a well seasoned team.

Strengths:

Their speed is top notch. And everyone knows that “speed killsâ€

it is beechem not beecham lol but very good summary and analysis bsawyer i think this will be a exciting game. do you think that this game will let us know if ctcs will be able to compete with the top teir teams of d1? I see that you are from freddy are you a coach there or a player or a parent?

Oops! I just hate making mistakes! My apologies to the Beechem family for misspelling their name. (No excuses. But I knew some Beecham’s once, and my brain went into ‘old man mode’.) Also my apologies to you, caseih, and the Lion's fans.

To answer your first question, in my humble opinion, if you, Temple Central Texas Christian either beat Heritage or lose by less than 14 points, you will win or tie for first in your Division with Austin Hill Country. The only games that I see you possibly struggling with (besides Austin Hill Country) is Cedar Park Summit, which is a wild-card in my opinion and Marble Falls Faith.

John Taddy watches this board like a hawk, so I have to be very careful how I say this, but … Cedar Park hasn’t really played anyone but the lower tier teams this year. Sure they are 4-0, but all the teams they have played barely have a couple of wins between the four of them in fifteen games. I still think you can beat them, rather handily, especially if you put it to Fredericksburg Heritage.

Marble Falls Faith has lost two and won two. Their losses came from the #1 team in the state, Fredericksburg Heritage (42-34) and #17 San Antonio FEAST Homeschool (52-38). They did beat Sequin Lifegate last week 46-0 and Tyler’s King Academy 38-0 their first game of the year. Since your game with them is at Marble Falls, the week before your “big gameâ€

Folks, how we're playing, I'm not sure any of you need to worry too much about us. In fact, remind Tim to let the guys take off the week of our game. Probably won't change the outcome, anyway.

We played rotten against a good Cedar Park team and played short handed against another good Marble Falls team. And got what we deserved.

lol no apologies needed bsawyer . iam looking foward to getting to play the number 1 team in the state from what i hear they are a great football team and coach shipman is class act kind of guy. I went and saw them play nyos, that friday before we played avalon on saturday, and from what i could see they have a bunch of studs down there in fredericksburg #33 ramsey looked to be quite a hauss and was pretty quick on his feet. About the hill country game i do agree with you i think its going to be quite a game but i do not know if it will decide district i still believe that cedar park, marble falls and bulverde can all be major factors in the hunt for a district championship. Bulverde gave us all we could handle last year and they return everyone. Marble falls i believe is better than people think. Cedar park has a core coming back from a playoff team so i think we have a pretty tough district, i would say the toughest behind d3. Do you think the winner of d4 could stay on the field with the d3 teams?

Yes, D4 is looking much more interesting this year than it was last year...

Specifically, Marble Falls Faith (which, if memory serves me correctly, was a pretty bad team last year) stayed within a touchdown of Fredericksburg, and 45'd Seguin. Wow. I'll be sure to keep an eye on those guys, because the way it's shaping up this should be an interesting District...

thanks for the compliment metroeagles32 i saw you play when yall played at our field last year agianst sa new life and i saw you play in state and i just wanted to say you were a stud i was a junior then and we got out of the playoffs first round i wish you would have got to stick around one more year so i could have played agianst ya.

MetroEagles32":rf3y2dbz said:
Yes, D4 is looking much more interesting this year than it was last year...

Specifically, Marble Falls Faith (which, if memory serves me correctly, was a pretty bad team last year) stayed within a touchdown of Fredericksburg, and 45'd Seguin. Wow. I'll be sure to keep an eye on those guys, because the way it's shaping up this should be an interesting District...

Yes, Faith is much better, but two things ... Heritage had three starters (not Robert Ramsey, of course) out when they played Faith. Lifegate's QB wasn't there this week (his grandmother passed away on Thursday). I'm not sure that would his being on the field made it a Lifegate win, but it would have been a competitive game.

As it was, we were down 8-0 with about 3 min. left in the second quarter, and then we just ran out of gas...one of those games where you could see the snowball getting a bit of a roll and it just got bigger.

Hey, caseih, if I keep on answering your questions about your team and your district, the Heritage fans might think I’ve switched loyalties.

First of all, I assure you that when you come to Fredericksburg your fans and team will experience a class act. No trash talking on or off the field. No behavior that does not glorify the Lord. Coach Shipman teaches real hard hitting football, but all the players and coaches are true gentlemen. However, your team may go home with a few extra black and blue marks. It is, after all, football.

And thanks for the compliment about Robert Ramsey, #33. He is an amazing athlete. He is also a 4.0 student and a National Merit Scholar quarter-finalist. Robert is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He always takes time to stop and talk with the little kids at Heritage (kindergarten and elementary) who would keep him from his classes if they could. What a gentlemen!

To answer your question, honestly, no I do not think that you can compete with (I mean win against) the big boys in District 3. Nor do I think Fredericksburg Heritage could either. (We are a small Division 2 school.) Rockwall Heritage and Greenville Christian are just too big and strong and their programs are already mini dynasties. Denton Calvary is no slouch this year either.

I am NOT saying that Rockwall Heritage, Denton Calvary, or Greenville Christian would 45 you. But for you to hang close to them, in my opinion, there would have to be some unusual circumstances. Say, IF, Central Texas Christian playing your best - no mistakes -game and the District 3 school having one of their worst –mistake prone - games.

However, to give you some hope, anything can happen. And that usually means injuries. Which, of course, I would never wish on anyone. I do think many injuries can be prevented with proper understanding of how God designed the body. But football is a contact sport, in which major injuries do occur.

My council, which you certainly do not need to hear, but I’ll give it because you asked, is this: You should play one game at a time and you hopefully will improve your scheme and skills week by week. That will prepare you for the playoffs and those District 3 powerhouses. Your coaches know the routine. Wentrcek has been there before. He knows the tools he has to work with. He is a great coach.

Time will tell, my dear friend, caseih. Time will tell.

excellent advice bsawyer and i will take it to heart. But one last thing i think you are being to humble i do believe that freddy could beat anyone in the state including any d1,d2,d3,d4 or d10000 team lol

bsawyer, i know that the eagles have some guys out with injuries. any idea what the time frame is for them getting back out on the field?

To my knowledge, the injury situation looks like this:

Rumor has it:

Matt Ledder, who suffered a concussion in the Marble Falls game (was taken off the field on a stretcher and taken to the hospital in an ambulance) is still out for a couple more weeks.

Joey Johnson, who tore his ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament), had surgery on his knee last Thursday, and is out for the remainder of the season.

Thomas Hierholzer (an amazing athlete who can run the ball downfield “zigging and zaggingâ€

bsawyer said:
To my knowledge, the injury situation looks like this:

Rumor has it:

Matt Ledder, who suffered a concussion in the Marble Falls game (was taken off the field on a stretcher and taken to the hospital in an ambulance) is still out for a couple more weeks.

Joey Johnson, who tore his ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament), had surgery on his knee last Thursday, and is out for the remainder of the season.

Thomas Hierholzer (an amazing athlete who can run the ball downfield “zigging and zaggingâ€

John, whether or not Heritage or Lifegate are 100% on October 19th, it is going to be a good game. We enjoy playing our brothers in Seguin every year.

I do remember a game a few years ago that was played at the Erwin-Lee Stadium in Geronimo just down the highway from Seguin. (I believe this is where you were playing your ‘home’ games.) We sat in the hot sun on a Saturday afternoon waiting for the chains and down markers to show up for over a half an hour. (Now you didn't have anything to do with that John, did you? Mr. Athletic Director.)

Up in the stands we all thought that you guys (Seguin Lifegate) did it on purpose to wear down our team with heat stroke before we snapped the ball one time.

You know how it is when you have a lot of time on your hands, up in the stands, sweat is pouring down your face, you are at an ‘away’ game, the opposing team (Lifegate) is in the shade and your team (Heritage) is baking in the sun, and your players are getting so bored they are asking if anyone in the stands has an egg, so they can see whether or not it would actually cook on the benches.

Just kidding.

But the point is; it is always an interesting game when Heritage plays Lifegate.

bsawyer":3jzh6vj6 said:
John, whether or not Heritage or Lifegate are 100% on October 19th, it is going to be a good game. We enjoy playing our brothers in Seguin every year.

I do remember a game a few years ago that was played at the Erwin-Lee Stadium in Geronimo just down the highway from Seguin. (I believe this is where you were playing your ‘home’ games.) We sat in the hot sun on a Saturday afternoon waiting for the chains and down markers to show up for over a half an hour. (Now you didn't have anything to do with that John, did you? Mr. Athletic Director.)

Up in the stands we all thought that you guys (Seguin Lifegate) did it on purpose to wear down our team with heat stroke before we snapped the ball one time.

You know how it is when you have a lot of time on your hands, up in the stands, sweat is pouring down your face, you are at an ‘away’ game, the opposing team (Lifegate) is in the shade and your team (Heritage) is baking in the sun, and your players are getting so bored they are asking if anyone in the stands has an egg, so they can see whether or not it would actually cook on the benches.

Just kidding.

But the point is; it is always an interesting game when Heritage plays Lifegate.

Hey ... that hot sunny day was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and you were playing Bellville Faith for the state quarterfinals (we'd already packed away our stuff for the season). I do remeber Faith did jump out to a 6-0 lead, but you won something like 71-12 at half. All we did was line up the field for you guys to play on and we thought between the two of you, somebody would arrange to bring chains.

Lesson ... when playing on a neutral site, ask who's bringing the chains.

John

Golly, another mistake! :(

Total apologies!

My old age is messing with my brain. You are right, John. I was mixing two different games at that stadium into one. I am sure the chains not showing up was our fault. Neutral sites can get everyone confused, especially me.

Now that I think of it, maybe I was in charge of getting the chains and it slipped my mind. What on earth was I doing up in those stands? My memory is failing me. :(

I guess I better stick with things that have happened within the last few weeks. At least I'll get in less trouble that way.

bsawyer":3ly6hm6o said:
Golly, another mistake! :(

Total apologies!

My old age is messing with my brain. You are right, John. I was mixing two different games at that stadium into one. I am sure the chains not showing up was our fault. Neutral sites can get everyone confused, especially me.

Now that I think of it, maybe I was in charge of getting the chains and it slipped my mind. What on earth was I doing up in those stands? My memory is failing me. :(

I guess I better stick with things that have happened within the last few weeks. At least I'll get in less trouble that way.

I was going to say it was your fault, but I'm just a nice guy.

Back