freddy vs. ctcs

Memo to: TAPPS State Office

Re: State Championship

Date: September 29, 2007

After consultation with all Division II teams, we are recommending that, in the interest of saving the Association money for last-minute engraving, that the Division II trophy be engraved with the name of Heritage School at the earliest convenient time.

After running through everyone like a warm knife through butter (even with five starters hurt against Marble Falls Faith), destroying the then #7 UIL team, it ain't gonna be much of a contest.

It should be noted, however, the resolution was not unanimous. Fort Worth Glenview objected. And Lifegate said any prayer before the game was going to be a prayer for mercy.

John,

I believe Covenant was in the bathroom when the vote was taken but later revealed their objection also. Remember if it works out on that side of the bracket like last year, Freddy has to hit the Covenant boys before they can make the big game. Covenant looks like they are ramping up for another appearance themselves.

freddy was a heck of a ball team, coach shipman was a class act and the boys from freddy were as classy as they were great football players the game was 20-16 at the half and ctc just started self destructing towards in the second but let me tell you it wasnt as lopsided as the score would indicate.

Lifegate, I know you like to support our friends from Fredricksburg, and I realize your comments were in jest, but Freddy is overrated. Not trying to be critical, they just haven't played anyone.

In my opinion, which means nothing, I see little difference in Covenant, Glenview or Freddy. This sets up great come playoff time. Assuming everyone gets through district healthy.

Back