Football Playbook?

any one care to share a play or 2 they ran or were proud of? If there is a story behind it wed like to hear that as well.

Not so much the number of plays, but the number of formations. Actually only run about 10 plays but have 21 formations. Plus you might want to steal a play or to from someone you played against.

SavannahSixManFan":3434rjgm said:
I remember Cherokee (Maddox/Beltran Inc) would sweep right, sweep left and they would do that asll night unless you could stop them.
Imagine that!
Just enough plays to be successful.
What a concept!
Bigger is not always better.
jus sayin'.

CT6MFL":4bqxqiyp said:
From where im standing that makes 221 plays:)

atleast from what the defense will see.
From where I'm standing,
I can't get them to consistently
write their name on their papers
let alone 200+ plays?
I hope Texman found what he needed to make his playbook!

Learned it from John Parchman when I worked from him. Everybody new that the first play would be 48 sweep. They had to figure out what formation we were gonna run it out of. Somebodyelse said it earlier. You have to adapt your playbook to fit your team. If I can run smash on you all night long. Then I'm gonna run shash all night long. I'm just gonna do it out several different formations

This is good. We are moving to sixman next year, and I need all the stuff I can get. Got Underwood's book, which has been helpful, but I'm looking for any kind of info I can get. We ran spread in 11-man, so I'm guessing that may be the easier route to take with the team, but I'm also wanting some tight stuff.

As far as playbook software, I've found power point to be the easiest for me.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Coach Jackson, how do you audible through your formations/plays during the game. P

Predefined based on defensive sets? or at the line with actual audible? No need for specific...specifics;)

I went to a couple of 6 man games this year and never heard any audibles. Maybe i'm just deaf..

Thats really open to anybody. I just know coach Jackson is still watching the board.

I did not expect this post to reach 3 pages.....I did however purchase the FastDraw and the more I use it the easier it is getting. I also have a model from Publisher that if not satisfied by end of FastDraw period, I will continue with it.

I beleive a playbook is as big as you want it to be and each year you pull out of it to suit the team you have. 10 plays or 1000 it doesn't matter. You need to be prepared for all situations.

We build our checks based on what we see on film. Pass route checks are done by hand signal. We start in 7th grade getting everyone to read the D. Run plays are checked by # or color. Our 2 minute offense is run by color and #. I will tell Coach Langston what I want to run he will pick the color and the play While I am signaling the formation. Before the ref putd the ball down our kids already what direction we are going. You have to keep a cool head and work it. It kids like because they get to wear wristbands. I hope I amswered ur question.

Perhaps,
7th graders can barely read a comic book.
Read a "D"?
Hmmm.
Whatever happened to
the KISS principle?
You big book guys are
smarter than me too!

edited 2 times.

If you don't start early then how can you expect them to learn. Jr high does not make checks but they do know the signals for the routs. If you wait until they are freshmen to try and teach them then you have waited to long.

Drifter
You left some big shoes to try and Fill. I had to do something. I was in Mr Shelly's office everyday talking football for two years. How do you think I learned the A-town version of the Obrien veer

The truth is you do what is comfortable for your kids. Over time you have to develope trust if you want them to by into your program. If my Qb comes to me and says we can run smash then we are gonna run smash

Back