Football Playbook?

Texman301

11-man fan
Does anyone know of a good affordable playbook software that I may use to build a football playbook? Any information would be greatly appreciated. PM me!

Well dogface, some people prefer to have everything digital. Honestly I have tried to find a good software but everything I've tried only goes down to 8 man. I tend to lose papers and end up redrawing everything up. What I started do was I scanned a 9 square sheet I drew up and then edit everything in paint. That way I always have it. Its a little tedious at first but gets easier as I collect more, especially scouting.

Digital is the thing these days,
so now I get it.

On playbooks;
how many plays are enough?
and when does it become
a waste of everyone's time?

SavannahSixManFan":3pjwiwjl said:
Doggy the math teacher, a # 2 pencil and yellow tablet right?
Kinda.

Actually,
I've seen the same play called 9 times in a row.
Yardage results and eventual directional choices
varied each time.
Boys marched down the field twice
so,
didn't figger to change anything.
Do you think anyone
feeling the need to have 200+ plays
is trying to compensate for something else?
Does (playbook) size really matter?

My first question is, why do you care? I think your boared mostly.......and I'd say there is know unique number of plays. Just make sure you can play to every section of the field. In every game there is a mismatch or equality of some sort. Being able to spot it and use it in your game plan is the tough part.

Tex:
Google jesoft and find the football link. They have a football play drawing program that is very easy to use and is inexpensive (about $20). You can try it for free and see if you like it.

CT6MFL":2fkr8bgx said:
My first question is, why do you care? I think your boared mostly.......
Don't be rude.

It's a legitamate question.
I'm just trying to learn from the best.

So,
if you can cover the field with 10 plays
that should be enough?

Dogface":1p1v57ul said:
CT6MFL":1p1v57ul said:
My first question is, why do you care? I think your boared mostly.......
Don't be rude.

It's a legitamate question.
I'm just trying to learn from the best.

So,
if you can cover the field with 10 plays
that should be enough?

Logically, if you can cover the field in one play then that's enough. The problem is there are some 400 6-man teams out there they all have defenses that range from almost none to awesome. you need to have plays to exploit the defenses weakness.

Certainly no expert, but a playbook should be a reflection of what your team is capable of. Some players are more football smart than others, so always tried to keep it simple. The key point is execution. I have seen coaches who have plays that their kids cannot execute, but someone else did it so it is in the playbook. If your players can execute the fundamentals of the game and execute those fundamentals under pressure you will be a success.

A coach should study himself and his game to make sure he is not locked in such that other coaches can take advantage of it.

Keep it simple and execute. Try your best to not expect your players to run a play that they have not worked on in practice in getting ready for that game. There are some exceptions, but try to adhere to this. Some groups can adjust on the fly, some can only adjust in the dressing room at half. Know what your players are capable of.

Just Saying

High Plains Drifter":3ryxpg4n said:
Certainly no expert, but a playbook should be a reflection of what your team is capable of. Some players are more football smart than others, so always tried to keep it simple. The key point is execution. I have seen coaches who have plays that their kids cannot execute, but someone else did it so it is in the playbook. If your players can execute the fundamentals of the game and execute those fundamentals under pressure you will be a success.

A coach should study himself and his game to make sure he is not locked in such that other coaches can take advantage of it.

Keep it simple and execute. Try your best to not expect your players to run a play that they have not worked on in practice in getting ready for that game. There are some exceptions, but try to adhere to this. Some groups can adjust on the fly, some can only adjust in the dressing room at half. Know what your players are capable of.

Just Saying

That's what I thought.
Thanks!

High Plains Drifter":79iiidx7 said:

Just Saying
This is the best post I've seen on this thread. The success of RS proves you right.

And none of it comes over night.

trial and error, teach. trial and error, learn, re teach. trial and error, little success, adapt, reteach.

train more, faster, harder, stronger, articulate, cultivate the mind, decipher, confidence increases.

repeat cycle

oall in 4 years, repeated yearly.

Somebody spell check me, im dizzy.
:)

Back