football coach

You forgot to include that you sit in the 7th row of the stands and are perfect on every call every play ... after the play was run.

jaquilly":12j9ayph said:
How do i become a high school football coach without going to college and getting a degree? I coach pee-wee football and little league softball. And I know i'm a better coach then the high school coaches we have here.
You're a student, right??

Short answer-
you can't.

Why don't you just bow up
and get your degree,
and show us all how it's done.
Good luck with that!

Hey, give the guy a break. Look at the qualifications of the guy occupying the White House. Surely it's easier to be a high school coach.

jaquilly":f4qsidh3 said:
How do i become a high school football coach without going to college and getting a degree? I coach pee-wee football and little league softball. And I know i'm a better coach then the high school coaches we have here.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA....another a-typical, "Johnny Smalltown Expert"!!!

PopeBurford":342sas1e said:
So..... are you guys saying my home studies to become a neuro-surgeon are a waste of time?
Not at all.
They're perfectly fine for use on
X-wives, fair-weather friends, and 7th row bleacher coaches.
I'd say go for it!

CowboyP":24etyzn3 said:
Doggy is right. Step-up & go to college. Mouth after you having a few consecutive winning seasons.
I started college
when I turned 40.

BTW, just because you can do something
doesn't automatically mean you can teach someone to do it.
jus sayin'.

In all seriousness...

I believe the correct answer is...the only requirements would to be a US citizen and pass a background check, because to be a "coach", which is not a teaching field, it is held under the same standards as a janitor...but good luck getting hired that way! I don't know of a single coach who was hired that way in the last 50+ years.

I guess if your father and cousins made up the entire school board you might have a shot....

*I am not certain about this, but believe I was told this once...so we need a fact checker

In Texas, public school coaches MUST be certified teachers.

In the private schools out west...
jaquilly might get to work w/jaRjac.
jajus sayin'.

jaquilly, don't have to be a college graduate, just a full-time employee of the school district in some capacity. Even so, it's rare. Making yourself more valuable in any way you can is the best advice. My pop once hired a retired air force gentleman who happened to speak German...made him a foreign-language teacher and three-sport coach. Viel Gluck mein bruder.

Seriously, Texas is probably one of the few states where the coaching staff (including assistants) must be full-time school employees; the reason as I understand it that teachers (which are professional employees on salary as opposed to an hourly wage) are coaches is that you cannot offer a straight stipend to an hourly employee (such as a janitor), so the district hiring that person would have to be sure that the total of his/her normal duties AND coaching duties are less than 40 hours per week, or that person would have to be paid at time-and-a-half for hours over that number.

Many other states allow part-time and volunteer coaches in public schools, as do private schools in Texas. Honestly, most of us could not afford to make the expense in hiring all our coaches as full-time teachers or we may be in the position of being sure our third-grade teacher can also coach golf and two other sports.

Unless the legislature/TEA changes that regulation, it will insure that few, if any, private schools are serious about joining the UIL. Which may be best for all of us.

Back