Film Exchange

sf16....of ASN fame?

Some schools use hudl. I'm really thinking about it. Long drives on Saturday are getting old. I know of several schools using it, and they like it. I'm curious to know about the reports, and if it is a pain in the rear not having a 50 yd line in 6man. I would think that might cause some problems....as a 4 yd run from the -38 in 6man ends up being at the +38....not the -42.

TCB

I coach crowed field now but hudl is a great tool for us and I can see how it would be great for 6 man. You would have to enter the new yard line manually. Sometimes penalties get put in wrong and we have to go back and fix the yard lines. It would make it a little more time consuming but well worth it in my opinion.

If you are just looking for something simple to store your games and exchange film gamefilm360.com is a great source. I started using it this year. It's just like hudl without all the bells and whistles. But, the best part is....IT'S FREE!!! Perfect if your district wants to goto trading game film via internet instead of having to drive hours to drop off/pick-up.

We used gamefilm360 this year, also. I really liked it...just wish more of the teams we played would use it. It doesn't print reports, but you can email your team trade films and game films. I never figured out how to do cut-ups though. And, you can't burn a hard copy from it.

We use HUDL and I can tell you that the reports are an awesome feature. You can just about do a scouting report by running your reports. The 50 yard line is/can be an annoyance, but it really isn't that big of a deal. The quick exchange of film, and not having to get up early on Saturday and drive makes the whole thing worth it to me. I wish that more schools would use it, but I do understand that the cost can be a bit of a deterrence.

A little bit off the specific subject, but related to film exchange.
Is there some kind of norm or protocol on exchanging with non-district opponents? My experience in the short time I have been doing this is that non district seems to trade films around the actual two teams involved. Example: We are playing team A next week but played team B last week and team A played team C last week. Team A calls team B to get film on us and we have to call team C to get film on team A. I have only had one non district opponent call me to ask directly for a film exchange. This is all manual pick up or mail. Very little HUDL or Gamefilm 360 although I tried gamefilm 360 with no success, but it could have been my lack of technical expertise.

It seems to me it would be easier to just call non district opponents directly, but it has not been the norm for what I experience. If most other places just exchange directly I would like to know. It may be primarily a driving and hassle factor as many of my non district opponents are quite a distance away. All that said, an internet based exchange system would be much easier.

We use HUDL here in Klondike. I know that several of the schools on our schedule use it too. HUDL has an 8 man feature that you can put you team on and it clears up the 40 yd line issue because 8 man plays on same field as six man.

Coach Jones hollar at me if you want to check it out I will help with any question you have.

Chad Fouts
Klondike ISd
432 466 3521 cell

We at Grady will be going to it for next year! Our basketball coach added this year for film exchange so I figure why not for football!

Has anybody looked into the idea of your district "sharing" a subscription to Hudl or one of the other services? That's something we're thinking about doing among our 6 or 7 teams. Sure saves those long trips stopping at some roadside convenience store. I kinda feel like a CIA/KGB spy making a drop.

In fact, one time, I think I picked up a film that was taped behind a sign in a parking lot.

you could have you kids pay a fee to have an account where they can watch film at home or have booster club help with it the silver package is 800 a year and will let you do everything you need.

Back