field goal in a sixman game

fajitapete

Six-man fan
It's rare enough to note worthy but even more so was the one kicked Thursday night, it was in a jr high game!

Rule Vs Chillicothe final score 10-0

We had a JH kid back several years ago - around 2005 or so - kick a 35 yarder in a game.

The kicker for DC has a cannon for a foot. In pregame, he was splitting the uprights at 50 yards with room to spare.

Few years ago Chillicothe hit a pretty long field goal to take down Gold-Burg after their spread back went down. The game was wild, it was all bears until their SB broke his arm.

Field goals in Sixman count four points. I've seen quite a few over the years, including one by Lingleville last friday night, but as previously stated they are rare. In the 1990's Strawn played Trinidad in a nuetral site game at Covington and won 43-40. Shannon Hopkins kicked a 43 yarder in that game. That 4 points was HUGE in a 3 point win.

I've officiated high school football for 12 years and have never seen a field goal attempted. However, when I was just starting out, probably around 2001 or 2002, I saw a kicker from Silverton kick a successful drop kick in a scrimmage. That was the first and last time I've seen one of those. I'm not sure if he ever had the opportunity during regulation or not.

My first year in Buckholts, we had a kid that could kick a very accurate drop-kick. So that was our method of kicking extra points. He went through a spell where he was missing, and he asked me what he was doing wrong. I told him I had no idea how he could even kick it in the first place, much less tell him what he was doing wrong.

It wasn't at the buzzer, but Covenant's Ben Koop kicked a 49 yard field goal in the 1st half against Throckmorton in a game that Covenant went on to win 80 to 76 -

Blanket kicked one tonight vs. Richland Springs......didn't catch the distance.

How about a Dropkick? Last one I remember was kicked by Tyler Etheridge...................

Per the scoring page on this site Milford kicked 2 tonight. 30/36 yards. Maybe to keep the score down? Or for practice? It could become all the rage.
I've seen several games over the years a field goal would have won,,,
with a decent kicker.

The kicker for Round Rock Christian Academy (No. 11 Nathan Curley) is a great kicker.

He kicked two field goals (41 and 40 yards) against Austin Hill Country on 10/19/2012.

Haven't seen an actual field goal since back in 04 or 05 when a boy from i believe Throckmorton kicked it. I did see a drop kick in a JV game between i believe Paducah and Mclean back around the same time. Only one I've ever seen go in.

Back