Favorite Guitarists

I've heard a little...<P>Has anybody heard of George Shaver?? He's Billy Joe Shaver's son and he is an AMAZING country guitarist...check out "Georgia On A Fast Train"

Yeah, you guys know who I am. I re-registered because my username was abc. The other format allowed me to have my display name as something other than my username. I like the phpBB format though.

I looked through the first 5 pages of this thread and COULDN'T BELIEVE no one said BILLY GIBBONS.....Home grown and still jammin to this day! I'm sure somewhere in here someone did....he would be my choice as my favorite....but I love the sound from the bands with the mulitple guitar sounds that have that perfect blend that compliment each other....some examples......my favorite is DEF LEPPARD when Steve Clark was alive..playing with Phil Collen. AWESOME SOUNDS! Now reach way back for these guys.....JUDAS PREIST....K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton....what a pair!!!
I also HAVE to mention Angus Young and Jimmy Page.

Don't even mention Eddie Van Halen.......he's a neck player....get real. Plus I really don't think he or his brother have a lick of sense! They'd probably still be hittin it if they weren't so full of themselves. But I guess once you've made a gazillion dollars you can be stupid and afford it.....LOLOL.

Ok....I grew up in Van Halen's hay day....with David Lee Roth. They were on top of the world till they couldn't get along with Roth...which really was the end of the REAL Van Halen era.....They had limited success with Sammy Hagar...which by the way....is a GREAT guitar player too! I would also be remiss to not mentioning Randy Rhodes as one of the greats....and as a duo...Brad Gillis and Jack Watson from Night Ranger could jam with the best of them.....imo....as always.

eric claption once was asked how does it feel to be the best guitar picker in the world his responce was I dont know you will have to ask Phil Keagey so I say the best guitarist are Phil Keagey, Tony Emanuel, Brent Mason, and Johnny A , leroy purnell is not to shabby either

Back