Farthest distance you travel for an in-district game?

Back in the day when Water Valley and Marathon were in the same district it was 242 miles one way.

Hey Savannah, doesn't TBS carry all the Rochelle games?

For a few years El Paso Jesus Chapel was in a district with Midland Trinity, Abilene Christian, Granbury Happy Hill, Granbury Oak Trail, Ft. Worth Masonic Home, and Watauga Harvest! That makes going to Abilene and Amarillo seem like nothing! Next two years we only have to go to Lubbock twice and Plainview!

Old Geezer":3r8lkfwu said:
OFB, I remember those days. I was living at Three Way at that time, which was my first experience with 6-man. There were two districts on the South Plains and in the Panhandle. If I remember correctly that district included Texline, Lazbuddie, Whitharral, Three Way, Wellman and Dawson & maybe a couple of others.

Back in the 8 man days, our district went from GC to Cotton Center. That was a really long haul.

Old Bearkat":hak9g2dn said:
Old Geezer":hak9g2dn said:
OFB, I remember those days. I was living at Three Way at that time, which was my first experience with 6-man. There were two districts on the South Plains and in the Panhandle. If I remember correctly that district included Texline, Lazbuddie, Whitharral, Three Way, Wellman and Dawson & maybe a couple of others.

Back in the 8 man days, our district went from GC to Cotton Center. That was a really long haul.

Especially by horseback ...

lifegatesports":1c0odcsi said:
Old Bearkat":1c0odcsi said:
Old Geezer":1c0odcsi said:

Back in those days, they hadn't tamed horses yet. OBK traveled by dinosaur.

oldfat&bald":38ai3v40 said:
lifegatesports":38ai3v40 said:
Old Bearkat":38ai3v40 said:
Old Geezer":38ai3v40 said:

OBK isn't old enough to remember dinosaurs. In fact, he invented the wheel and he was the first person to tame a horse.

lifegatesports":1uc1j28c said:
Old Bearkat":1uc1j28c said:
Old Geezer":1uc1j28c said:

The wagons had no shock absorbers or springs......

CowboyP":8n7zg3xs said:
oldfat&bald":8n7zg3xs said:
lifegatesports":8n7zg3xs said:
Old Bearkat":8n7zg3xs said:
Old Geezer":8n7zg3xs said:

OBK isn't old enough to remember dinosaurs. In fact, he invented the wheel and he was the first person to tame a horse.

I killed off the dinos. SCrambled hadrosaur eggs..yummy

As I read the distances I feel a little better about hating our ole-yeller bus.

Lima-Big Sky, MT 197 miles (one way), our CLOSEST away game this year
Lima-Hot Springs, MT 295 miles (one way), our furthest conference opponent this year
Lima-Roberts, MT 320 miles (one way), our furthest non-conference game this year. Just found out this morning that we get to go back for the first round of the playoffs.

Last year was a beauty-

First round of the playoffs 2010 Lima vs Savage, MT, that was an overnight stay, and a 555 mile trip (one way). Partly as a result Montana is playing a "regional" playoff game for the first round of the playoffs this year. North plays East, West plays South.

Back