Farthest distance you travel for an in-district game?

cren22

11-man fan
There is a proposal to put the public schools into districts up here in Maryland, and people are complaining about travelling 58 miles for a game, citing travel costs. Just for comparison's sake, and to put into perspective how short of a trip that really is, what is the longest your school has traveled for a district game?

In div 1 district 1 anyone going to follet is lookin at 200 miles or more, follet is closer to many towns in Kansas than any team in their district.

its farther to some of our games than the entire length of maryland. our western counties are bigger than Maryland. Gas is higher here too i bet.

Shane":2stqog85 said:
Abilene to El Paso..... 450 miles

Amarillo to El Paso is (per Google maps) 446 miles ... and most of that is driving through New Mexico. Staying in Texas is 553 miles. Each way ... which is what Amarillo Holy Cross and El Paso Jesus Chapel do every year (although they often play it in Midland, which is a 305 mile trip from El Paso and 240 miles from Amarillo).

Heck, some folks in West and deep South Texas have to drive 58 miles to get a gallon of milk.

I was glad to see that El Paso won't be in our district for the next 3 years. My son will be in high school next year. :)

SaintJoPanthers":2m23n9dw said:
256 miles to Bloomburg. Luckily, they play their homes games this year in Texarkana, and it's ONLY 206 miles to there.
Wow, that's weird....we are only 25-30 miles away from the Pleasant Grove Stadium. It is a nice little drive over, be careful.

Sanderson to Dell City (wait you cannot get there from there). That is a non issue this year.
Years ago when Texline was in district with Silverton, Dawson, Whitharral, and Southland? (probably more) Was a pretty hefty trip from Dawson to Texline.

High Plains Drifter":1rfxp59x said:
Sanderson to Dell City (wait you cannot get there from there). That is a non issue this year.
Years ago when Texline was in district with Silverton, Dawson, Whitharral, and Southland? (probably more) Was a pretty hefty trip from Dawson to Texline.

Thank God that district changed before I got into HS. Welch to Texline is way too dang far in a yellow dog.

OFB, I remember those days. I was living at Three Way at that time, which was my first experience with 6-man. There were two districts on the South Plains and in the Panhandle. If I remember correctly that district included Texline, Lazbuddie, Whitharral, Three Way, Wellman and Dawson & maybe a couple of others.

Geezer, Three Way was still in our district when I was in JH. The trip there seemed to take forever. Fortunately, I never had to make the trek to Texline.

Back