Faces with the names

smokeyjoe53":1xk11t1i said:
twodollarbill":1xk11t1i said:
Am trying to figure out how my dinner invite got lost in the shuffle....
deuce peso, it may be a good thing you missed it..... Have you ever seen Doc eat? Kinda like watching hyenas attacking a baby gazelle...........
Mmmmm...i love baby gazelle.
Tastes like squirell.
jus sayin.

granger":25ltq4d1 said:
Getting to meet at dinner was great. Thank you Leman for setting that up and Thank You Don for your generosity.... Thank you FajitaPete for spicing us up as well.... would have heard more from HornKeeper (less from CowboyP... LOL, just kidding my friend, but I had to say it) and what a treat to have Coach Underwood and Al Pickett along.

Speaking of Cowboy, he sure gussied himself up with the orange mohawk. It was quite the attraction. One of the servers at dinner even reached over to touch it. I am not sure all of the oldtimers at that place appreciated it as much as we do...

Leman, Don and myself are hoping to continue some of the conversations we shared a little last night. CowboyP and some of the others know what we are speaking of as well and will start sharing more and more here real soon. We have have our pet projects for the six-man community, but I think now more than ever, there is a sense of community and I think Don and Leman are leading the way with bringing us all together...
Actually,
I can't believe I haven't asked already;
were any wives there
and,
were they hot?
jus wondren.

smokeyjoe53":177rn3yb said:
You know, I was kinda thinkin' that some of those faces might be better served if they remained unseen.........................

agreed...

as for the wives... none at the dinner

I should have gone to Abilene Saturday. Well...maybe it's better for my ego to not have gone and missed the dinner than to have made the trip and been excluded from the "meeting of the minds" - and I use the term VERY loosely (with the obvious exceptions of Mr. Underwood and a couple of others).

rainjacktx":tmp5z43c said:
I should have gone to Abilene Saturday. Well...maybe it's better for my ego to not have gone and missed the dinner than to have made the trip and been excluded from the "meeting of the minds" - and I use the term VERY loosely (with the obvious exceptions of Mr. Underwood and a couple of others).
Actually,
I would have enjoyed sitting with you.
Well,
at least I would have sat with you.
Well,
at least I would have sat at a table in the same room as you.
Well,
I may have had to get something to go.
Well,
oh never mind.

I wish I could have been there but when I found out Rainjack was not coming I let down because I have never met a true prophet. that and I could not get off.

rainjacktx":11vu7y4c said:

Mr Underwood was at the opposite end of the table. I wish I could have had HK or Pete's seat so I could hear him. Listening to Mr Granger Sir and The Mr Don Hardin was very educational. It didn't take me long to figure out the best thing I could do was shut up and listen.

oldfat&bald":2lgjlxmq said:
rainjacktx":2lgjlxmq said:

Mr Underwood was at the opposite end of the table. I wish I could have had HK or Pete's seat so I could hear him. Listening to Mr Granger Sir and The Mr Don Hardin was very educational. It didn't take me long to figure out the best thing I could do was shut up and listen.

And I wish you could have made it, Rainman. The only other person there as dumb as me was Doc WeeWee. It would have been nice to have had another imbecile there. :)

pecospete":thl6xcru said:
were there any pictures taken or did Doc's presence brake all the cameras.
There were some pictures taken, but for some reason every picture ended up being a glowing ball of white light.

hornkeeper12":14v4hia1 said:
pecospete":14v4hia1 said:
were there any pictures taken or did Doc's presence brake all the cameras.
There were some pictures taken, but for some reason every picture ended up being a glowing ball of white light.

Had it been a glowing ball of white light with an orange streak through the middle, I would know where to point the blame....

Sounds like you all had a most excellent outing and enjoyed some great football to boot. Guess I should have made the effort but elected to catch it on the web-feed.

51eleven - If I would have know who you were I would have said Hi too! A belated HELLO!

I also feel like I missed talking with oldfat&bald...I am glad to have met you! I was to busy talking with Underwood, Grill, Granger and yelling at Al Pickett

Thanks. I thought aferwards you might have been one of the others there near Don. I was focused on saying hi to Granger as I had only met him once in Lubbock in 08 long enought to buy a hat. Had to go check into a hotel and eat before game 2. Thanks to Don too for mentiong Oscar's on here last year. It was near the hotel and pretty darn good.

oneday":7lvco10y said:
51eleven - If I would have know who you were I would have said Hi too! A belated HELLO!

I also feel like I missed talking with oldfat&bald...I am glad to have met you! I was to busy talking with Underwood, Grill, Granger and yelling at Al Pickett

When you and Mr Don Hardin got on Pickett, I started feeling sorry for the guy. Mr Don Hardin can get a little fired up.

51eleven":2c6gzmjm said:
Thanks. I thought aferwards you might have been one of the others there near Don. I was focused on saying hi to Granger as I had only met him once in Lubbock in 08 long enought to buy a hat. Had to go check into a hotel and eat before game 2. Thanks to Don too for mentiong Oscar's on here last year. It was near the hotel and pretty darn good.

Where were you sitting at the table? I would have loved to have met you too.

Back