Faces with the names

oldfat&bald

Six-man fan
It was nice to meet a lot the folks at the game last night. I never would have put some of the faces with some of the names on here. And, thank you Mr Don Hardin.

And dad-gum it Doc WeeWee. That Mohawk attracts a lot of attention. We had cops come up off the field to check on us at the game last night.

oldfat&bald":3shcav1p said:
And dad-gum it Doc WeeWee. That Mohawk attracts a lot of attention. We had cops come up off the field to check on us at the game last night.
Doc would garner attention in a Cemetary ..............

Funny thing about that cop visiting us. I promised him we wouldn't scream at the refs any more, and he says, "Go ahead and give him hell. One of the assistant police chiefs in Abilene is down there officiating."

Getting to meet at dinner was great. Thank you Leman for setting that up and Thank You Don for your generosity.... Thank you FajitaPete for spicing us up as well.... would have heard more from HornKeeper (less from CowboyP... LOL, just kidding my friend, but I had to say it) and what a treat to have Coach Underwood and Al Pickett along.

Speaking of Cowboy, he sure gussied himself up with the orange mohawk. It was quite the attraction. One of the servers at dinner even reached over to touch it. I am not sure all of the oldtimers at that place appreciated it as much as we do...

Leman, Don and myself are hoping to continue some of the conversations we shared a little last night. CowboyP and some of the others know what we are speaking of as well and will start sharing more and more here real soon. We have have our pet projects for the six-man community, but I think now more than ever, there is a sense of community and I think Don and Leman are leading the way with bringing us all together...

Agreed Oneday. I have not enjoyed a conversation dinner like that in a very long time. Sitting at a table with people that I had never actually met, yet no strangers at the table was a bit surreal to me. At one point Mr. Hardin asked me if all was ok, probably because I was being so quiet, which is somewhat unusual for me. All was more than ok as I was content to just listen to the stories and knowledge of my table mates. Being in the presence of greatness seemed to have a very humbling effect on me.

longhornfan1970":3h37x9bc said:
hornkeeper12":3h37x9bc said:
longhornfan1970":3h37x9bc said:
Hornkeeper were you standing with Cowboy by the fence and wearing a Gordon shirt ?
Yes sir, I was.
Ok, I talked to you during the RS/Follett game. I was standing next to you. It was good to meet you Sir !!!
Yes, I remember talking to you. It was good to meet you as we'll. Yesterday was such a great day, one that I will not forget.

hornkeeper12":13uha0i5 said:
longhornfan1970":13uha0i5 said:
hornkeeper12":13uha0i5 said:
longhornfan1970":13uha0i5 said:
Hornkeeper were you standing with Cowboy by the fence and wearing a Gordon shirt ?
Yes sir, I was.
Ok, I talked to you during the RS/Follett game. I was standing next to you. It was good to meet you Sir !!!
Yes, I remember talking to you. It was good to meet you as we'll. Yesterday was such a great day, one that I will not forget.
It definitly was....beautiful weather and SIX-MAN FOOTBALL !!!! Does'nt get any better than that !!!!!

I think we all were a little in awe and just wanting to listen as much as possible...Underwood and Grill were very nice to join us...and Pickett showing up last having to sit in front of Cowboy...I was wondering what he was thinking about that hair!!!!

Few if any enjoy Six-Man football any more than I do. Throw in the fact that yesterday I was once again able to witness not one but two State Championship games in my backyard ( Shotwell Stadium), I was giddy. The icing on the cake was a meal between games with a few close friends and a couple of true legends and I can't even begin to tell you how I felt.

Folks, if you are a fan of this sport known as Six-Man Football, things have changed in the past BUT you have not seen anything yet as far as fandom goes. The best is yet to come. During this off season there are many things being worked on that are simply going to make things more incredible than ever for you as a fan. I can hardly contain myself. STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!

Don Hardin
Abilene

smokeyjoe53":ab8i5mx5 said:
You know, I was kinda thinkin' that some of those faces might be better served if they remained unseen.........................
I prolly would have turned some
off their food,
so,
I stayed in my doghouse.

twodollarbill":y4evxlmu said:
Am trying to figure out how my dinner invite got lost in the shuffle....
deuce peso, it may be a good thing you missed it..... Have you ever seen Doc eat? Kinda like watching hyenas attacking a baby gazelle...........

Back