Faces with the names

oldfat&bald":2cbufkgr said:
51eleven":2cbufkgr said:
Thanks. I thought aferwards you might have been one of the others there near Don. I was focused on saying hi to Granger as I had only met him once in Lubbock in 08 long enought to buy a hat. Had to go check into a hotel and eat before game 2. Thanks to Don too for mentiong Oscar's on here last year. It was near the hotel and pretty darn good.

Where were you sitting at the table? I would have loved to have met you too.

Not sure I follow you. I was not at the meeting/dinner. Didn't know about it until I read this thread, or where it was at.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. There were a couple of guys at the other end of the table I never had a chance to talk to, and I thought you might be one of them.

The dinner was a great experience. The amount of sixman knowledge at that table was almost overwhelming. Leman, thank you for setting it up. Don, thank you for your generosity.
I would have posted sooner, but I have been busy with work and my part in the pet projects.

Perhaps,
next year,
(at the new place that doesn't know us yet),
you could get a bigger table,
and give a heads up about it?
jus sayin'.

I overheard her telling the other one she just wanted to touch the Mohawk. She didn't believe me when I told I doubt if he'd care, just do it.

CowboyP":1aezt1d8 said:
Granger, I enjoyed our conversation, but if you're going to sit beside me next time, comb your hair! It was almost embarrassing.

My wife said the exact same thing Monday night when we went to our kids basketball game...

Funny story. My 12 yr old daughter made a comment yesterday about my lack of style and how embarrassing it was for her. So, being the type of person that I am, I decided to show her just how embarrassing I could be. I threw on my oldest pair of worn out, holy jeans, a tired old hoodie that had some paint on it from a few years back, a pair of camo crocks (with socks) and a ball cap, which I wore turned around backwards. My DSW insisted that if I was gonna go to the basketball game looking like an idiot, that I wouldn't be sitting with her. I was ok with that, as long as I got my point across to the young'in. Shortly after walking into the gym, I realized that I had failed miserably when my daughter and her friend walked up to me and the friend said to my daughter "I wish my parents had a little style like your dad" and my daughter replied "I trained him well". SMH

Back in the day when I had the occasional pleasure of driving my kids to school -
When we were about 2 blocks from the school I'd turn the XM radio to 80's on 8, crank the volume to 11, roll down the windows on the burbo, and steering wheel dance to whatever was playing. My daughter would ride those two blocks in the floorboard.

Now she loves 80's music.

Back