Ebola Rumors

panic-ahh.gif
panic-ahh.gif
panic-ahh.gif
panic-ahh.gif
panic-ahh.gif

I, for one, am appalled that this woman is unwilling to self-quarantine herself. I don't care if they test her every single day for the 21 day quarantine period & she comes back negative every single time...Ebola is a deadly disease & should not be taken lightly. Just because she says that she is not a threat to the American public doesn’t mean we have to take her word for it, nor the CDC's for that matter. I read where she says the quarantine is unscientific, unconstitutional, and something she is unwilling to do. Did she really expect the American public to welcome her back with open arms & want to be around her after she’s been volunteering in one of the most Ebola-stricken areas of Africa, Sierra Leone? Kudos to her for volunteering her medical services in the humanitarian effort, but she chose to go over there and risk exposure, we didn’t. I’m sorry, but this is a public health issue, not an issue as to whether or not her constitutional rights are being violated. If after 21 days she’s still Ebola-free, she’ll have braggin’ rights of “I told you so”. Until then, my opinion is do the 21 days self-quarantine and be done with it already.

And just a friendly reminder - the CDC and NIH have been wrong at every turn since the last outbreak of Ebola in Africa.

I went to a local meeting on this last night. The chief doctor of the local hospital, the Kendall and Grundy county emergency directors, an Illinois Public Health official, and the Will county public health doctor were all there.

They admitted the CDC/NIH really dropped the ball, and the 0bama admin is still screwing up with their response, but they said when you get past the managers of CDC, the working folks there are on the ball. These guys are keeping everyone informed. They recommend a voluntary self quarantine of 21 days for those who are coming back from West Africa because that's what the 0bamanauts want. Off the record they recommend a mandantory quarantine......

Back