Ebola Rumors

ebolagay.jpg

Old Bearkat":27q3g732 said:
You don't let people like that so-called MD for NBC news break quarantine just because she wanted a latte.

Guess who got fired for that one?

No, not the NBC doctor stooge. But some underling who couldn't stop the big shot from making her latte run got canned.

Most transmitted cases of Ebola has come from someone helping someone with Ebola.

If this is the case, then the Republican Party has nothing to worry about because they help no-one.

So I think this is a disease conjured up by them ol' Republicans

Kramer":2ryjv62w said:
Most transmitted cases of Ebola has come from someone helping someone with Ebola.

If this is the case, then the Republican Party has nothing to worry about because they help no-one.

So I think this is a disease conjured up by them ol' Republicans

Or as I like to say,

"Vote Democrat...it's easier than getting a job."

TexianDoc

TexianDoc":1j8lc9y9 said:
Or as I like to say,

"Vote Democrat...it's easier than getting a job

someone has to start the slow clap.

Clap.
.clap
,clap
.clap

I've started spamming Nigerian email addresses with this:

Have 50 boxes of ZMapp experimental EBOLA vaccine. Need to send to you. Please send deeds, goats, and 4 wives and all legal documents for your property to me so I know where to send them.
All the best
ZMapp Distribution Services

this one here is a little redneck humor.....

The USA are to introduce screening at airports to cut down the risk of Ebola entering the country.
The process is very straight forward.
They hold up a piece of white paper.
If the individual doesn't match, they don't come in

granger":kt3ez3kk said:
To add some facts to the conversation... The CDC policies on handling the disease are very complex and complicated (they need to be). The disrobing (taking your protective suit) protocol alone has 40 steps. It is hard to imagine this protocol was followed to the letter by the staff in the early days. To that end, the hospital also had too many people responsible for the initial patient, which leads to the probability of errors.

I know for a fact that if a patient arrives in Austin presenting with the disease, there will be 1/2 as many people making contact. This is a very serious disease. The CDC is doing the best they can. The problem is that humans make errors.

The TV news ad just said Dallas Nurse Ebola free. I'm thankful it seems to be on the decline in the US at least.
Thanks to the Lord and who ever he used. Maybe we should help control it elsewhere to keep from getting it at home.

Wisdom from a Veterinary.....

The United States (and virtually all other countries) require a myriad of tests and often quarantine prior to bringing in a foreign animal.

I can’t legally cross state lines in the United States with a horse or cow without a health certificate signed by a USDA accredited veterinarian stating that the animal has been inspected and found free of infectious disease. In most cases blood tests are also required.

. . .

If I am a resident of Liberia incubating Ebola, to enter the United States all I need to do is present a valid visa, and lie when asked if I have been exposed to Ebola. Within hours (no quarantine required) I can be walking the streets of any city in the United States.

I feel very fortunate to live in a country that values our animals so highly.

The Belton story was/is a hoax.

To Granger's point - if there are 40 steps in the CDC protocols just for disrobing from the protective gear, should we not be taking the notion of people flying over here, eating in restaurants, going to bowling alleys, etc. just a tad more seriously than the dimwits in DC currently do?

And just a friendly reminder - the CDC and NIH have been wrong at every turn since the last outbreak of Ebola in Africa.

Which leads to - does an individual state have the right to quarantine people entering their state who have been exposed to the virus? The bleeding hearts want to equate this type of action with the US Japanese internment camps back during WW II. I'm about as libertarian as anyone on this website, but in my humble opinion they can't quarantine potential carriers fast enough.

That nurse up in Maine needs to be hog tied and gagged for at least 21 days. Mainly because she's a ginger. But secondarily, she is a potential carrier. She starts exhibiting symptoms, and there'll be a lynch mob on her front porch faster than you can say "fries and gravy".

Back