Don Hardin passes away

When I last talked to Don, on Saturday, we talked about White Deer moving to six-man football...he had called and talked with the superintendent there Mr. Vaughn and no doubt welcomed them to the world of six-man football...he was probably the first to do so...he was THE ambassador of this great game!

I'm sorry for everyone who knew Don an ever witnessed a great guy that he was. I remember Mr. Hardin very well when it came to football. I knew him as an Ira fan and he never ever talkled down about any player coach or school. I remember when I broke the rushing record and after the game he was the first one that came up to me. At the time he was more excited than I was. It's hard to lose a guy like Don and we all know that he loved sixman football with a passion. Prayers go out to all the family members and everyone that knew Mr. Hardin.

Sincerely,
Lance Morris
Ira

This breaks my heart. I meant to call/text him yesterday to see how he was doing and work got in the way.

Don was a great man, a great friend and will be missed.

Lance -
He was happy to be there and witness that landmark and to get to watch you play...it ment a lot to him to get to interview you after the game, he told me so and happily played the interview for me to listen

Don is a great guy. I can't say "was" because I know he's with our Lord Jesus. He sure loved 6-man football and the people on the board. He is going to be missed. I have a heavy heart and am sending prayers for his family.

This is devastating news. I just cant believe it. I had just spoken with him on Friday as we were comparing notes on all the coaching changes going on in the sport. He was definitely in the know when it came to the sport he loved and all of the coaches he had grown to know. He became a good friend of mine over the past few years starting when I asked him to blog for me on the lonestarfootball website. He was always full of enthusiasm and wit in his articles. That spirit carried over in the football broadcasting we did together season before last. He joined me for the Gordon/Highland thriller and the Strawn/Lueders-Avoca playoff game (one he was very excited to see his Raiders win a playoff game for the first time since he was playing there).

It was an honor sharing the passion for six-man football with him.

He will truly be missed.

Mark thank you for letting me know. I'm still trying to take this in. The only comfort any of us can have is knowing he's with the Lord. He does love Jesus. I know this for sure in many of our talks. As you stated "Godspeed Don". God's comfort to his family as I know they will miss him. I know this by how were all feeling. On Granger's Board were not only 6-man fans be are family and friends.

The six-man community has lost a good man today. I did not know him closely, but had dealt with him on several occasions and know his passion for the game, and all he did for the sport. You will be missed Mr. Don Hardin
-Randy Savage Jr
Gordon, Texas

Every time I got the chance to talk to Mr. Hardin (he always said, "just Don is fine."), I would get so excited. His knowledge was so deep, that I could listen to him for hours. He asked me once if I just didn't like to talk, which anyone who knows me knows that's not the case, I was just afraid that if I was talking then I was missing an opportunity to learn from greatness. I will miss you tremendously my friend. Look forward to seeing you again one day.

Very sorry to hear this, I met Don at coaching school last year I have not been in the sixman community very long but never met a more avid fan of the game.

Prayers go out to his family from Klondike
Coach Fouts

Such sad news but there is a rejoicing in heaven! Don was a great man and was an awesome ambassador for the 6 man game. He was the type of person that when you first meet him, you feel like you've known him all your life. Don, you will be missed. May God bless the family.

Don was truly a servant and such a humble man. I had the opportunity of visiting with him when he all of a sudden showed up my school 2 years ago. What a privilege it was to have someone that has done so much for the six man community too pop up just to give a few words of encouragement to even the rookies. That definitely made my day. Rest in peace friend. You will be missed by many. My prayers to the Hardin family.

Devastating news. It's sad to lose a man whose passion and love made everyone feel better from the moment he walked up. His mannerisms radiated a warmth rarely seen anymore. I speak for all the Ethridge men: Don was like a distant uncle one sees on the holidays who reconnects you to roots...reestablishes our faith in family, makes us long for home and hearth.

I miss him already.
Lord, comfort his family.

A great one is gone. It was a shock to hear about our loss.

While Don has gone on to his reward, the rest of us could no better honor his life than by trying to be as good an ambassador for the sport as he was.

I believe in the coming months, more than one will comment, Don used to take care of that . . .

A great loss but a shining example of true greatness and humility . . .

RIP Don, our thoughts and prayers are for your family in these trying times.

pete

I never had the pleasure of meeting Don personally but I loved to read his comments and picks. A true six man fan. The six man community has lost a great friend. God speed Don.

Back