Don Hardin passes away

coachcoley

11-man fan
Don Hardin, who was an avid 6-man fan and posted on this web-site at times, passed away this afternoon (Monday March 25) in Abilene. He was a good friend of mine (and of the game). He will be missed.

This is awful to hear. He was a great man. He was the first to welcome to to coaching when I started 6 years ago. He contributed financially to the CanAm Bowl every year I was involved. My prayers go to his family and friends.

Sad news to lose a good friend ... and a good friend I never met.

My prayers to his family for His comfort and support at this time and my rejoicing that a new Saint has reached Heaven. Put in a good word for me, Don.

Mark, would you be kind enough to let us know when the services will be held for our friend and brother?

Actually,
He's prolly already convinced ol' St. Peter
that 6mans' the best game ever!
I sat next to him at the RS clinic once.
Learned more right there at that table.

For me,
saying that he will be missed
just doesn't seem to cover it.
Is there anything we can do for the family?

I just spoke to Don's wife. He had a massive heart attack today. She said she will let me know when the services will be held. A great man is gone, and he will be missed.

This is hard news to hear. What Mr Don Hardin did for Sixman could never be duplicated. The Sixman community is forever grateful. He will be missed dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I can't believe it. Don became a good friend of mine the past two years. He will be missed greatly. Rest in 6man heaven my friend.

I can not believe this...I just got home from work and saw this...i don't know what to say...but that he was a great man and friend and six-man advocate

SUCH A SHOCK!!! Just goes to show we never know. Definitely one of the great fans of Six Man. He will be missed. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

For those who don't know, Don played football at Lueders-Avoca, he was a transfer and had to sit out one season of varsity in 1968 and played on the 1969 team that lost in the Regional Championship game to Marathon (region was as far as six-man went then). He then played in a Six-Man semi-pro league out of Abilene while in college (the next year, 1970, I believe...) playing safety.

He has been a fixture at six-man games for a long time now, we traveled together many times...

He blogged about six-man football on several websites and he created a Coach's Directory single handedly and made it available to all coaches who wanted one. He was a go to guy in the ever changing spring coaches carousel...in fact the last time I talked with him was Saturday about the Sterling City opening and other coaching changes...

This is just a little info about a man who was the very definition of (using a phrase he often used) "a gentleman and a scholar"

If you ever met him you would know how great a person he was...and how much he loved six-man football!

I am having a hard time trying to process this news in my mind. I am even a little shocked that it hurts so much for someone that you never really had a conversation is gone. It has really made me stop and think how many people that we don't even know their real name have come to mean so much to us in the sixman world. Thank you Granger for giving us this opportunity to know and love one another.

I met him twice this year. I am a player and i could tell he was one of the biggest sixman fans ever. He will be missed. He was a very respectable man.

STRAIGHT SHOOTER":2xhn2638 said:
I am having a hard time trying to process this news in my mind. I am even a little shocked that it hurts so much for someone that you never really had a conversation is gone. It has really made me stop and think how many people that we don't even know their real name have come to mean so much to us in the sixman world. Thank you Granger for giving us this opportunity to know and love one another.

,Mom,,I just talked with Mel,,I thought she needed to know,with all her years on here,,She is in shock as well,,Don Hardin was the sixman to the fullest

Back