District Picks

Ropes/Naz at 7:30 like coach posted before, but that one will probably run behind due to homecoming festivities. As for Meadow/Rankin its a 7:30 start also both should be good games but I think Meadow Rankin will be more entertaining.

Hello six man fans, and thank goodness its football season. Wishing all fans and players a good and safe season, and good luck. My picks for district are 1. Meadow 2 Ropes 3 Anton 4 Whiteface 5 Lubbock harmony. Looking forward to visiting with many of you throughout the season.

Tough loss Friday night for Meadow. Great positives came out of it. Can I say the BEST passing performance out of a Meadow QB ever! I have watched Meadow play for the last 10 years and they have never had a QB with the accuarcy that they have this year. Also has a strong arm! This is what Meadow as needed.....a balanced attack! Receivers need to work for your QB...Fight for the ball! Overall grade 'A'

Great QB's dont throw at receivers they throw to a spot!!!! Well done in my opinion.

Great games from both Ropes and Meadow this week. Meadow and Rankin I was hoping would be closer with Meadow coming out the winner, but the Rankin game and Follet game should really show what Meadow has this year. I do agree it was a great passing game for Meadow, it was something different from their usual ground and pound running style. Ropes was the best overall I have seen all year, although I expected Ropes to man handle Naz, and win homecoming without breaking a sweat. Now lets see if they can stop a run/pass threat in Rankin in a 2 weeks and a pretty good Garden City team. Should be some good match ups leading up to this big district show down!

Chap I didnt keep up... but at first guess he was over 80%. Rankin has some big boys and they have 1 or 2 with some speed. They are sound when blocking and their RB will burn you if you dont stay honest on defense. Back side has to stay put or the RB will tourch you on the cut back. Rankin loves to run one way and then cut it back once they have sucked everone in. The like to throw to their 250 or 280 pound guys. Dont tackle up high.

Back