District Picks

Stealth eagle

11-man fan
I predict this district ending the way it has since I recall in 2004 it will be a battle between Meadow and Ropes.
1. Meadow
2. Ropes
3. Anton
4. Whiteface
5. Lubbock Harmony

Well if your using 2004 as your reasoning for your picks then you should put Ropes ahead of Meadow since they beat them by 20 that year and Whitharral is not in the district anymore to cause the tie.

this is very true coach and Ropes had a great group of seniors that led the way to a great tradition at Ropes. But I just think Ropes is injury pron when it comes to some of their key players...dont get me wrong I would love to see my old stomping grounds win the district, I just think it will be tough unless all key players are healthy for the Meadow game.

I still think district will be decided between Ropes and Meadow. I have not seen Meadow play yet but I saw Ropes Friday and the Eagles have a decent team this year. Just my opinion.

I like your thinking broncofan...I am eager for this Friday, I will be able to watch both Ropes and Meadow play. I have seen Nazerath play and they are a decent squad, I think Ropes will win their homecoming...As for Meadow, I think this will be a much better game with Rankin and this is a game I am excited to watch I predict Meadow by 6 over Rankin.

alwaystheunderdog":6esvv7bz said:
I like your thinking broncofan...I am eager for this Friday, I will be able to watch both Ropes and Meadow play. I have seen Nazerath play and they are a decent squad, I think Ropes will win their homecoming...As for Meadow, I think this will be a much better game with Rankin and this is a game I am excited to watch I predict Meadow by 6 over Rankin.
Being able to catch both games is an awesome night! I agree Ropes over Naz but I say Rankin wins by 20+

Decent team? Hard to tell that in just watching half a ball game. After Friday then people will see what I'm talking about. I think in this district that the only thing interesting is what time will be in second place. Just my opinion.

My opinion is Meadow takes district and Ropes gets second. I don't see Ropes beating Meadow. I did observe two quarters of football and Ropes does have some good players.

I think you will see a different Ropes team this week. Didn't look very good against Ira but I think they are better than what they showed. Bunch of young kids trying to figure out the game. As for meadow I think everyone is looking at what they did last year and thinking they are just as good. Lost one of the best players in the state and don't think they had anyone close replace him. Going to be a good one between them and ropes for sure.

Ropes has a few seniors on the team per the program, I think I saw 5 or so to Ira's two. Anyways Ropes has the potential to be a very good team if they can come togather on some things. We will know a lot more about Meadow after Friday night, Rankin is stout.

alwaystheunderdog":33ohjebm said:
I am eager for this Friday, I will be able to watch both Ropes and Meadow play.

Underdog - Is either the Meadow/Rankin or the Ropes/Naz game starting late? Petersburg plays Friday in New Home and our game starts at 6:00 due to officials. We might could slip over to either Meadow or Ropes for a later game.

No doubt Rankin is a darn good team. They had a tough game last week but I expect them to come ready to play. Gonna be a tough game and it could go either way. I believe both teams will be ready for Friday night. Can't wait till then! Good luck to Ropes also against Naz. I still have to pull for this district!

Back