District Champs

falcor

11-man fan
Any predictions on who will be the district championships in each district?
my thoughts

District 1 will end up being a toss up since all 4 teams seem to be equally sub-par (district record of 9-20-1). Every team has a losing record and 2 of them automatically get to make the playoffs?! wow. Flip a coin.

District 2 looks like a 3 team race between Waco Live Oak, Dallas Lakehill Prep and Dallas Tyler Street. Lots of eyes will be watching this Friday's match up between Live Oak and Tyler Street. (district record 19-13) I'm thinking Waco

District 3. With Veritas and Castle Hills both undefeated in district play and playing each other next week for sole possession of the top seed in the district (assuming Castle can handle 0-8 New Braunfels). The winner will be in a good spot for a deep playoff run. However, Bracken, Cedar Park and Kerrville OLH are all wild card teams in my opinion and any one of them would be the district champ in district 1 and maybe even district 4. (district record is 26-22 but the top 5 teams are 25-11). I think I go with Castle. They 45'd Kerrville and bracken. Veritas 45'd Bracken but had some trouble with Kerrville this past weekend.

District 4. This is a one team race with Orange running away with it. (district record 11-11)

I think your semi-finals teams will be Live Oak; Tyler Street; Veritas and Castle Hills (this means the 2nd place teams from district 2 and 3 will beat the district champions from 1 and 4).
Your thoughts?

Im not to familiar with Districts 1 and 4, however, I'd pick orange in district 4, and a toss up between Denton Calvary and Lubbock Christ The King.
The Live Oak vs Tyler Street is sure to be an Amazing game Friday! The spread has Waco 45ing Tyler Street, but I'm thinking this is going to be a very high scoring game for both teams. In the end, I think Tyler Street will come out with the win and ultimately be district 2 champs.
As for District 3, You pretty much summed it up Falcor, I'm going with Castle Hills over Veritas.
I also agree with your semi-final teams and would go so far as to say that Dallas Tyler Street will come out State Champs.

Well, it appears the spread was correct in the Waco Live Oak-Dallas Tyler Street Match. 72-22. That result should provide more clarity to how District 2 will round out.

Well, now we get to see who wins District 3 with Veritas visiting Castle Hills this Friday night.
The spread says Castle Hills by 8 but I think it could go as high as Castle by 30.
They are averaging 63 per game on offense in district play but only giving up 15
Veritas is averaging 66 per game on offense in district play but giving up 29

I think Castle pulls it out 45-20

District 1 will go to Lubbock

As for District 2...hmmm. But really not all that surprising as Waco Live Oak is definitely the team to beat in Division II this year.

District 4 will be decided this Friday as well. I'm sticking with Orange and will go so far to say they will 45 Conroe

Back