District 2

FalconCoach

11-man fan
District 2 Standings going into Final Week:

Tyler Street (4-0) Clinched District Title (owns head to head tiebreaker with Christway)
Christway (3-1) Clinched 2nd place (owns head to head tiebreakers with Balch Springs and Trinity)
Balch Springs (2-2) Tied for 3rd
Longview Trinity (2-2) Tied for 3rd
Waco Parkview (1-3) 5th
Heath Fulton (0-4) 6th...eliminated from playoffs

The game this week to watch is Balch Springs v. Waco Parkview. Balch Springs controls their own destiny. A win and they grab 3rd outright. A loss and it becomes muddy. A Waco win coupled with a Trinity loss to Tyler Street, and there is a 3 way tie for 3rd. It becomes a point competition after that. Balch has a win against Trinity +8. Trinity has a win against Waco +28 (28 is the cap on our tiebreaker) and a loss to Balch -8 for a +20 spread. Parkview must win by 28 or more and a Trinity loss to get 4th. Waco has no shot at 3rd. A Waco win anything less than 28 points, and Trinity gets 3rd, Waco 4th and Balch Springs 5th. Fulton was eliminated this last week with a loss to Trinity (a track meet game...79-48...it was 30-28 at the end of the 1st quarter).

Whatever the outcome, this district has played out like we thought it would at the beginning of the season. A great district, with great kids and coaches. It has been a pleasure to be a part of it.

Coach I agree. This is an outstanding district with alot of class. Being new to the district, I didn't know what to expect. But I've absolutely enjoyed this season. Tyler Street is an awesome football team and I expect great things from them in the playoffs. My boys and I would absolutely love to meet them one more time in the state game. But we have a VERY tough road to get there. Coach Crenshaw at Waco Parkview is all class. He is a great coach and leader. I know Parkview will be a solid program over the next few years. Trinity is a first year program and did an outstanding job. I know they will have a great future. Coach Hargraves at Balch Springs is doing things the right way over there. We look forward to going to Heath this week. Coach Burgy has done an outstanding job. Hopefully that program continues to grow. I look forward to see how well our 5 teams does is in the playoffs. Should be interesting.

Jerry Hargraves
Head Football Coach
Duncanville Christway

it will probably be a great game but even if parkview emerges victorious i dont think it will be by more than 28 it should be close though... but i think balch springs will win by at least twenty

Back