District 2 Settled Tomorrow Night

LazyJ

11-man fan
Fulton hosts Parkview tomorrow night at 7:30...Rockwall-Heath High School.

Tyler Street has already won the district...Who do you think gets second? Who wins this game?

This is a real sad situration. Both of these teams could be 0-9, one wins 1-9 loser is 0-10 goes to playoff. This has been going on for several years in TAPPS. I may be wrong but the first year Fulton was in this Dist they were 1-9 went to west Tx or somewhere and were killed.TAPPS needs sometype of commitment to all teams in a Dist. if they drop out find them and give them some type of pentily where they could not play that sport for 2 years. Make them play outlaw.

Astro55":25db8pv1 said:
Both of these teams could be 0-9, one wins 1-9 loser is 0-10 goes to playoff.
I was thinking, wait, they have three wins, Took me a bit, I see what you are saying. It is sad. Three teams dropped from our district. What can you do?
Park wins tomorrow. IMHO

I agree something could be done, but lets look at this for just a second. Should Tapps punish schools because of a last minute dropping out of district? When you start with 7 or 8 players it is hard to make it the whole season with injuries. We started this year with 13 kids and we have around 9 boys.

BTW- Should be a good game tomorrow!! Come out and suppport the teams.

Heath Fulton
Coach Johnson

Julius Evan":7pbk84c4 said:
I agree something could be done, but lets look at this for just a second. Should Tapps punish schools because of a last minute dropping out of district? When you start with 7 or 8 players it is hard to make it the whole season with injuries. We started this year with 13 kids and we have around 9 boys.

BTW- Should be a good game tomorrow!! Come out and suppport the teams.

Heath Fulton
Coach Johnson

Coach ... your district should start thinking about next year. Irving Stonegate started up football this year and will play a full season next year. And let's home Killeen Memorial and McKinney Cornerstone go district next year.

I know Coach Crenshaw and Coach Johnson will have their teams ready! should be a fun night. playoff spot is on the line!

Coach Peters
Athletic Director
Fulton School

Should be a great game. But I have to go with Parkview. Both teams have already played Tyler Street, who beat both of these teams. Parkview played with Tyler Street until the 4th quarter, and if I'm not mistaken Fulton was beat at the half. I know alot of things can change, but it should be a great game of 2 teams that desperately need a win to continue their seasons!

Alot of teams start with only 8or9 players. Both in Public and private schools. If you have two many hurt you call the other team and tell them you can't play, if they can't get another game, the lease you can do is pay for the officals if they had to pay for them. I seen a 11man TAPPS 2A team play in the state championship in 97 with 13 players. I have heard most 6 man coaches say if we have six we will play. Some public's have even played girls.

Way to go Fulton, Dist. Runner Up. good luck to both Waco and Fulton i n the playoff, both teams improve over last year. Remember it is not over untill it is over. Go out and Upset somebody.

It was a tough game for both teams. Waco Parkview is a very solid D2 team and this game was closer than the score reflected. This type of game reminded me of a game I coached in the D2 State Championship game vs. Freddy in 07 when at Glenview. Back and forth. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

Heath Fulton
Coach Johnson

Back